SCP-2772
rating: +229+x

Item #: SCP-2772

Object Class: Euclid

Special Containment Procedures: As SCP-2772 is currently immovable, a soundproofed containment unit has been built around it. The property SCP-2772 manifested in has been purchased and Cryptography Task Force 2772-08 has been stationed on-site. Cryptography Task Force 2772-08 is to also to function as the containment unit's guard. Unauthorized individuals found attempting to enter the property are to be detained and questioned of any potential relation to SCP-2772 or Incident 2772.

Images and audio of SCP-2772 are to be recorded. Recordings are to be delivered to Cryptography Task Force 2772-08 for decoding. For a full list of recordings, refer to Document 2772-01 through -13. Testing on SCP-2772 has been relegated to Cryptography Task Force 2772-08. Exceptions are to be approved by Level 4 personnel or higher only. SCP-2772 is not to be tested with any living animal or human.

Description: SCP-2772 is an immobile spatial phenomenon occupying the lobby of the ██████ Library. It is approximately five meters in length, two meters in width, and seven meters in height, covering over 97% of the lobby. SCP-2772 can be most consistently identified through the appearance of an intangible visual phenomenon that resembles television static. Moving through SCP-2772 is most accurately described to be similar to the minor electrical sensation of touching a cathode ray tube television screen. The furniture, floor, and walls of the space that SCP-2772 occupies will change color, hue, and lighting seemingly at random. Solid objects such as furniture and decorations in SCP-2772 react abnormally to attempted physical manipulation; solid objects may become intangible, move vertically, or become elastic while still being fixed to the floor. Introduced liquids gained similar anomalous properties after twelve hours in SCP-2772; liquid-based anomalies include changes in color, opacity, and viscosity.

SCP-2772 will produce sound identifiable as a series of multiple slow-scan television (SSTV) transmissions and audio clips every seventy-two hours. While the SSTV transmissions are believed to be unique to SCP-2772, the audio clips have been identified as originating from six hundred and seventy-four distinct sources thus far. The images from the SSTV transmissions are encrypted text along with what appears to be text-based art relevant to the decrypted message. The last SSTV transmission of every auditory event consists solely of text and uses a different, currently unknown encryption method.

Incident 2772: On February █, 20██ at 06:12, a single white rose and a card appeared in front of SCP-2772. As SCP-2772 has not manifested objects before, it is currently theorized to have been caused by anomalous activity outside of SCP-2772. No personnel on duty reported having identified any anomalous activity during this time. On the card was a note written with blue ink in neat cursive containing what is believed to be the entire decoded transcript of Auditory Event 482, as follows, as well as a decryption key to the last SSTV transmission of SCP-2772's Auditory Events. Decryption is currently in process.

I cannot bury data, but maybe this is close enough. Our time together never truly existed, but it was real enough to us.
The coming days will be lonely without you. The days we spent together would be lonelier having never met you.
If there is some deity out there who can hear the prayer of a nonexistence,
If there is a life beyond this one,
Please let us meet again there.

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License