SCP-2815
rating: +259+x

Item #: SCP-2815

Threat Level: Green

Object Class: Euclid

Special Containment Procedures: SCP-2815 is to be monitored on a 24-hour basis by members of MTF Epsilon-6 “Village Idiots”1. Task force agents are to periodically make visits to the village variously disguised as government and county officials, law enforcement officers, tourists, researchers, construction workers and out-of-town service personnel. Agent Balogh is to infiltrate SCP-2815 via initiating a romantic relationship with an instance of SCP-2815-1 (designated SCP-2815-1-A), with the aim of marrying into the family, producing offspring and (unless posing significant danger to containment) be officially inducted into the community. Agent Balogh is then to record and/or document any anomalous or otherwise suspicious activity via any means possible and transfer the data to Foundation researchers for analysis and study. Agents Hegedüs, Kolompár and Lakatos are to make contact and attain a working level of trust with the local Roma community, whereupon they will be co-opted into surveillance operations.

REVISION (24/06/2016): As SCP-2815 has proven to be largely self-containing, focus will shift to monitoring any activity by and limiting the influence of GOI-03852 within the village of ███ and Heves county as a whole. This task is delegated to MTF Psi-13 "Witch Hunters"3, due to their infiltrators already being established within GOI-0385 for surveillance. The new primary goal is to prevent the radicalization of SCP-2815 by GOI-0385. Data sharing between relevant Epsilon-6 and Psi-13 detachments to facilitate containment has been approved and mandated by the O5 Council.

REVISION (13/12/2016): Following data gained from Expedition Ψ13-2815-1612-1, MTF Epsilon-6 is to observe all harvests made by SCP-2815 and track all shipments of produce and medical supplies originating from ███. Requisitions for specimens for research purposes can be made with either Head Researcher Dr. Hidegkúti Lajos or ranking Sitra Achra personnel. Acquisition of specimens is to be made by Epsilon-6 plainclothes operatives under the guise of ordinary customers. Additional funds, materials and manpower is to be made available to the local Epsilon-6 detachment in order to achieve these goals.

Tree%20of%20Life%20-%20Iv%C3%A1d%20entrance%20-%20by%20Rak%C3%A1s%2C%20from%20Wikicommons.jpg

Entrance to the village of ███, home of SCP-2815.

Description: SCP-2815 designates an anomalous, endogamous community comprising the majority of the inhabitants of the village of ███, Heves county, Hungary. Of the village's 367 inhabitants (95% Hungarian, 5% Roma), about 80% are genetically related, belonging to one large extended family sharing the surname '████' or '████'. Only the local Roma community and a few other Hungarian households lack genetic relations to the ████ family. Identity within SCP-2815 is strongly linked to the idea of shared ancestry. Kinship ties are reinforced by having members of SCP-2815 interbreed with distant relatives in order to maintain a more closely related community, in accordance with their beliefs. Heavy restrictions are placed on exogamous unions, with only one such union allowed every fifth generation for any given bloodline. Community members (henceforth referred to as SCP-2815-1) possess an ability to intuitively and accurately determine the degree of inbreeding among one another, which is used to define social position according to perceived genetic purity.

Very few instances of SCP-2815-1 (fewer than 3%) have been shown to possess non-debilitating physical deformities. These individuals do, however, seem to play prominent roles in the spiritual life of SCP-2815. Though outwardly portraying themselves as moderately devout Roman Catholics, investigations have revealed the community to be practising a religion derived from Hungarian paganism displaying a high degree of syncretism with a heterodox variety of Sarkicism4. The few members displaying physical deformities (commonly polydactyly, severe hyperdontia, caudal appendage, heterochromia, albinism) are given the status of táltos5 (henceforth referred to as SCP-2815-2), a role for which they begin training as early as the age of five or six, in accordance with Hungarian pagan tradition.

Belief in the efficacy of magical rituals is widespread and reinforced by SCP-2815-2 instances' ritual display of anomalous abilities, which play a central role in many rituals. These abilities are widely believed by SCP-2815 to be directly tied to their physical deformities and have been shown to include remote viewing, retrocognition, limited precognition, fleshcrafting, anomalous healing, sensory and emotional projection, conversion of bodily fluids to gaseous or solid states as well as remote control of horses. The main application of these abilities seem to be as a form of alternative medicine. Religious practices include a mixture of Hungarian pagan and common Sarkic rites and rituals, and while it has never been observed, there have been mentions of slow slicing6.

Of particular note is the rite of passage into adulthood, which is performed at 23 for female and 26 for male individuals, while intersex individuals, on account of being considered SCP-2815-2 instances, receive theirs after the first sign of puberty. It centres around the consumption (read: swallowing) or implantation of an external organ or biological organism referred to by adherents as 'aklóca' and by clergy as 'akolossz'11. These have been identified by Foundation experts as instances of SK-BIO Type Z12. It is presumed that this organ is what allows SCP-2815-1 instances to sense and determine the “purity” of one another.

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License