SCP-2836
rating: +35+x

Item #: SCP-2836

Object Class: Safe

Special Containment Procedures: SCP-2836 is to remain secured in a standard humanoid containment cell equipped with a water resistant high rise ceiling. Communication with the subject outside of approved interviews is not advised. During said interaction, SCP-2836 is to be provided with a suitable covering for its mouth in order to speak clearly and maintain steady breathing.

Description: SCP-2836 is a male humanoid of relatively slender build, height measuring approximately 2 meters. The subject is in his mid to late 20's and is most often seen wearing a black wet suit with waterproof fingerless gloves. Subject on occasion has also been seen wearing standard provisional Site 38 attire. SCP-2836 speaks fluent English with a faintly detectable accent from the southern United States. While usually docile, SCP-2836 seems to suffer from bouts of depression, at times resisting attempts at communication with researchers.

Though most of the subject's attributes appear basically normal, SCP-2836 exhibits anomalous qualities in its method of self-transport. In any dry environment, the subject appears to be completely submerged in water and will seem to swim or float in midair. Characteristics of aquatic buoyancy affect all movements of the subject, thus making walking, running or balancing on floors essentially impossible. Additionally, the subject's hair will appear to waft in various directions as though affected by an aquatic environment despite the lack of such conditions. However, SCP-2836 has proven completely capable of normal breathing in these cases, though communication with the subject in dry areas has also been deemed impossible. All uttered speech will sound garbled and washed out as though being spoken underwater, causing instances of SCP-2836-11 to project from the subject's mouth.

Conversely, another set of anomalous attributes become apparent when SCP-2836 is actually submerged in water. In this state, SCP-2836 will suddenly succumb to conventional gravity. Previously impossible movements will be aptly performed as though being done in a waterless environment. Words spoken by SCP-2836 are also fully understandable in these conditions. However, the subject's ability to inhale ceases, limiting the amount of phrases able to be said as well as how long SCP-2836 can remain submerged before suffocating.

SCP-2836 first came to the attention of the Foundation following a localized incident taking place near ██████████, Florida. On June ██, 20██, a mother, father and young daughter were found dead and waterlogged on the shore of █████ Beach, the result of a boating accident that had occurred the previous night. The surviving older son was later discovered 2-3 miles down the beach floating over the sand and sobbing uncontrollably, releasing large clouds of SCP-2836-1. Attempts at getting the son medical attention were only met with resistance, forcing him to 'swim' well above the reach of people on the ground. When air support arrived, the son frantically escaped into the ocean, where he was able to somehow sprint away on the sandbars at full speed, only occasionally coming above the surface to 'breathe'. Subsequent to amnesticizing all parties witnessing these phenomena, Foundation field agents stationed in the area were able to locate and detain the young man via surveillance drones.

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License