SCP-2886
rating: +330+x

Item #: SCP-2886

Object Class: Keter

Special Containment Procedures: Confirmation of SCP-2886's current location is to be maintained at all times. Personnel assigned to SCP-2886 are to maintain path projection charts based on data of SCP-2886's relocations, in order to help identify its next target. If SCP-2886 relocates to a different celestial body, it is to be located as quickly as possible, and its path projection chart updated.

Information regarding the anomalous nature of SCP-2886 is to be censored upon discovery, with particular attention paid to the information networks of the world's space agencies and amateur astronomy websites and magazines.

Since 1971, knowledge of SCP-2886, but not its anomalous qualities, has been public. All possible efforts are to be made to maintain public belief that SCP-2886 is a non-anomalous planetary feature.

Description: SCP-2886 is an ostensibly dormant volcano, approximately ██ km in height. SCP-2886 was originally discovered in the mid 19th century by astronomers as an albedo feature on Triton, Neptune's largest satellite. On occasion, SCP-2886 will disappear from its current planetary body and reappear on another. Since it was discovered on Triton, SCP-2886 has teleported 10 times. Current predictive models indicate [DATA EXPUNGED].

SCP-2886's anomalous nature was realized when it disappeared from Triton and reappeared on Oberon, one of Uranus' satellites, approximately sixteen years after discovery.

SCP-2886's effect on the geology of its host planetary body is unknown. Observations have noted that it displaces an enormous amount of planetary material at its arrival point, with most of that debris reappearing elsewhere on the surface. The currently prevailing theory is that it has a splash-like effect on the surface of its host, dispersing debris around itself with no clear pattern once it arrives.

For a full list of planetary objects formerly occupied by SCP-2886, please see document SCP-2886-DOC1.

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License