SCP-2917
rating: +93+x

Item #: SCP-2917

Object Class: Euclid

Special Containment Procedures: Because SCP-2917 cannot be moved, Site-37 has been constructed around it. A minimum of five Class-D personnel are to be kept onsite for the purposes of investigating any locations for which unmanned exploration is deemed insufficient. All personnel charged with exploration of SCP-2917 are to undergo Advanced Decontamination before their departure as well as upon their retrieval. Individuals dispatched through SCP-2917 must be equipped with a redesigned Environmental Protection suit, modified to include pressurized containers welded to the surface to enable transport of samples without triggering a relocation event too quickly.

Any individual found to have accidentally traveled through SCP-2917 is not to be followed under any circumstances, and any attempts at communication with such personnel must be through radio or other indirect means.

Revision 07/15/19██: After relocation event 2917-315, no fewer than three armed security guards are to be kept onsite.

Revision 12/17/19██: After Event 2917-A, the interior of SCP-2917's containment chamber is to be fitted with a reinforced carbon-carbon heat shield, and at least three meters of thermal insulation.

Description: SCP-2917 is a phenomenon affecting a spherical area with a radius of two meters, at a fixed location in █████████, ██████, roughly 0.5 meters above the ground. Electromagnetic radiation such as light or radio waves, as well as any solid object that makes contact with the edge of the anomaly will be transported to a celestial body outside of our Solar System. Gases and liquids cannot traverse the boundary unassisted, ensuring constant atmospheric pressure on both connected planets. Exploration is made difficult by the tendency of SCP-2917 to relocate - once every four hours, the anomaly closes, and reopens 0.1 seconds later to a different planet. Relocation events are also triggered when two objects traverse its borders within this four-hour interval.


Addendum: SCP-2917 Experiment Logs


Addendum 2: Event 2917-A

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License