SCP-3005
rating: +753+x

Item #: SCP-3005

Object Class: Uncontained (Unknown)

Special Containment Procedures: SCP-3005 is to be located and contained as soon as is possible. Site 17 is to assume all responsibilities for containment of SCP-3005. Mobile Task Force Mu-17 ("Iron Horses") are to monitor the region for signs of SCP-3005 presence as a top-priority objective and respond to any such evidence immediately.

[RECOVERED PROCEDURAL INFORMATION]

SCP-3005 is to be contained in a soundproof enclosure at Unit ██. For testing purposes&2C SCP-3005&27s chamber&27s entrance is to be protected with an exposure foyer which allows researchers to bring testing items in proximity to SCP-3005 via a remote chamber without exposure to SCP-3005 emissions.

Any attempt at dire[DATA CORRUPTED]tact with SCP-3005 must be made with Mode Veterascet auditory/visual cognitohazard countermeasures and Mode Dubitamus theological threat countermeasures.

total dissolution of the res[DATA CORRUPTED]

[DATA CORRUPTED]chors under any circumstances.

SCP-3005 in its %22pink%22 state is not to be engaged by fewer than eleven personnel. If casualties are incurred during contact with SCP-3005&2C the bodies are to be dissolved. Do not bury&2C burn&2C or remain in contact with casualties incurred during contact with SCP-3005.

[END RECOVERED PROCEDURAL INFORMATION]

Description: Information regarding the appearance, behavior, and physical/metaphysical properties of SCP-3005 has been lost. Unit ██, the facility which housed SCP-3005, is believed to have been destroyed following a catastrophic containment breach. Original containment document and accompanying records were corrupted by data loss or other means. SCP-3005 was not present when Foundation personnel made contact with the site.

Following recovery efforts, [REDACTED] segments of the original documentation for SCP-3005 are available to the Foundation. Only Test Log SCP-3005 is fully intact and cleared for unprotected viewing. Partial containment procedures have been provided; however, their reliability is unverified.

[RECOVERED TESTING INFORMATION: EVALUATED BUT UNVERIFIED]

Test Log SCP-3005

Example Entry:

Input: [Describe object or entity exposed here]
Distance: [Describe the type of exposure here]
Time: [List the duration of exposure here]
Output: [List the results of exposure here]
Comments: [Add relevant notes or personal remarks here]

Testing Researcher: Dr. A█████

Input: One apple, Red Delicious variety
Distance: Center of entrance foyer (5m)
Time: 8 minutes
Output: Apple has been rendered partially indistinct visually and to touch.
Comments: It's hard to tell whether the apple is whole, cut, ripe, or rotted out.

Input: 2kg cube of iron
Distance: Center of entrance foyer
Time: 8 minutes
Output: No physical changes detected; block continuously vibrated slightly for approximately 64 minutes after exposure
Comments: The ringing was the worst thing about this test. I could barely think while it was making that awful noise. Eventually I got used to it… when it stopped, I only noticed because the discomfort went away.

Input: One apple, red delicious variety
Distance: Center of entrance foyer
Time: 20 minutes
Output: Unknown
Comments: I have no idea what happened to the apple, or where it is. Maybe it's in the chamber with SCP-3005 somehow.

Input: 2kg cube of iron
Distance: Center of entrance foyer
Time: 20 minutes
Output: No physical changes detected; block continuously vibrated for at least 5 hours.
Comments: It sounded better this time.

Input: One (1) D-Class subject (6-95-241)
Distance: Entrance foyer
Time: 8 minutes
Output: Viscera.
Comments: Subject appears to have been flung apart.

Input: One (1) document (encyclopedia transcript containing basic factual information about the species Buteo jamaicensis)
Distance: Center of entrance foyer
Time: Eight (8) minutes
Output: One (1) document, variable
Comments: ”Document” might not be the right word, but I don't know what else to call it. It's like exposure to SCP-3005 shredded the paper and left information behind. It's slippery. Trying to pick it up changes it. First it's a socialist political system, then it's a way to cook pork using special equipment. I managed to scrape it into a bucket and stow it in a locker. When I check in on it, a party game stares up at me.

Input: One (1) D-Class subject (6-95-278)
Distance: Entrance foyer
Time: Five minutes
Output: Moderate physical distress (nonlethal); severe mental distress
Comments: She's a mess. She threw up a few times (not in the game bucket) and eventually her stomach calmed down, but she's still in shock over being around that thing for so long. I cleaned up her fingers and she's recuperating. I'll call in a transfer to psych eval.

Input: 1 phonograph, turned on
Distance: Center of entrance foyer
Time: 82 seconds (aborted)
Output:
Comments: Had to stop the test early. Sound doesn't get out of these, but it kept getting louder until I could feel the music rattling the facility. I was afraid that it was going to bring down the facility.

Input: 1 (ONE) D-Class subject (6-95-222)
Distance: Entrance foyer
Time: FIVE (5) minutes
Output: Severe physical distress (nonlethal)
Comments: I sent him in to try to get as close to SCP-3005 if possible. Touch it, if he can, and try to make it respond. He got too close, but refused to enter the containment chamber itself. He was babbling about how SCP-3005 wouldn't let him near, threatened somehow to send him somewhere else and then be free. You can tell he got too close — I'll leave it to medical to describe the extent of the damage — but emotionally he's pretty okay. Makes a lot more sense than the last one out. Actually, did she ever get transferred?

Input: 1 (1) 1 D-Class subject (1-51-515)
Distance: Entrance foyer
Time: 55 (55) minutes
Output: Viscera
Comments: It turns out I forgot to request a transfer for the first subject. I went to fix it but she's not in the rest area. I don't know where she went. This has been a rough couple of days for me. I've been sleeping in my office, lately, because I don't feel like leaving work. It's been almost an hour. More tests.

Input: 25kg cube of iron
Distance: Center of entrance foyer
Time: 90 minutes
Output: No physical changes detected
Comments: Still ringing.

Input: One one D-Class subject (21-21-21)
Distance: Entrance foyer
Time: Two Two Minutes
Output: Moderate physical and emotional distress
Comments: We cleaned this one up and helped them back up to speed. He'll recover fastest of all from the pink light. I requested the psych transfer, but nobody's shown up yet.

Input: (2) D-Class subjects (2)
Distance: Entrance foyer
Time: 5
Output: Severe physical and mental distress. Viscera.
Comments: This one was going to be another regular test, but the one from last time wanted back in. He didn't make it this time. Or was the other one the one flung apart? I remember their faces pretty well, but I don't think this one looks like either of them.

Input: One (1) D-Class subject (6-95-278)
Distance: Entrance foyer
Time: Five minutes
Output: Moderate physical distress (nonlethal); severe mental distress
Comments: They've been restless. The D-Class (I call them D-Class, I could swear one of them used to be Dr. Watkins) need something to keep them occupied, but nothing makes sense to them anymore. Everything except the Betamax melted into the floor. I checked the tapes… I checked the tapes and they're madness. Everyone keeps changing. But it should be enough to hold them at bay. Maybe now they'll stop playing that damned record on the intercom speakers.

Input: Various Betamax and VHS tapes, books, and compact discs
Distance: Gathered around the center of the entrance foyer
Time: Five (5) (five)
Output: 7 Betamax tapes, various (variable) (seven)
Comments: Just a repeat of the first D-Class test that worked. I copied over everything, including the D-Class number. Better than making them up. It's a completely different person. Anyway, I needed to replace the first one because the new one told me she was dead. I asked him to deal with the body and he said “don't worry about the body”. I'm surprised, because she wasn't flung apart and I haven't seen anyone else around here in a long while. Who deals with the bodies? Is anyone cleaning the test chamber?

Input: One (one) power drill (one)
Distance: Entrance foyer
Time: N/A
Output: 3cm gap in SCP-3005 containment chamber
Comments: I needed to do this. They're all smarter than I am. Not smarter, really. Higher up? I'm in charge, I'm the doctor, but how long is that going to last? I keep getting confused… and look what they've been doing with the staff. Turns out there's a good reason I haven't seen anyone around lately. I guess this is why they terminate all these guys after a month. Whatever's going on, I can't think about it right now. I've seen the light and I'm so confused. How did I know it was pink?

Input: Dr. A█████
Distance: Opposite wall, where the pink light lands
Time: N/A
Output: See comments
Comments: I knew I needed the pink light, but I didn't want it like they had it. It works on brains different from how bodies work. So I drilled a hole right through the chamber, right at forehead level. Let a shaft of pink light shine straight in, shimmering like through water. It hums when I touch it, which is the secret. It reaches straight into my head. It doesn't have to leave my organs like apples. What I'm actually learning, that doesn't go here. I'll be keeping a notebook for it.

Input: One D-Class subject (N/A/N/A/N/A)
Distance: Entrance foyer
Time: 1 (one) minute, 1 (one) minute, 1 (one) minute, 1 (one) minute, 1 (one) minute
Output: Moderate mental distress, moderate physical distress, severe physical distress, severe mental distress, viscera
Comments: One of the other D-Class. I don't have a number. The database keeps failing. They wanted back in, so I gave them a minute at a time. Each time I asked for more information about it. Eventually they stopped making sense. The pink light hasn't been helping that… probably I need more of it. At least they were flung apart. I heard the D-Class talking outside my office, when they thought I was sleeping. They've been breaking in. They've been playing the game.

Input: Dr. A█████
Distance: The light
Time: N/A
Output: N/A
Comments: These are not the only worlds. There are many times and few worlds and these are two of them. I might have thought if I had thought that the pink light builds upon. That it gives you this other place, your other self, forces them into you until you are flung apart. No. The pink light strips away and takes from you. It takes that special part that keeps you there, in that first world, and brings you here. This light outshines your inner light until it's gone. I write in my notebook about SCP-3005 and what I think it was made for, and why it began to give off the pink light, and why it can never ever stop. I can't leave the facility, none of us can. We aren't ready for what's out there. My notebook is full.

Input 1 (ONE) Betamax camcorder, running
Distance Center of entrance foyer
Time: Three (5) minutes
Output: Broken, melted in space, tape still works
Comments: Video on, audio off. Can look directly now. Not too much damage. Nobody here to read this, maybe D-Class when I'm away, but I need to tell a director or an overseer or anyone who can tell everybody to stop using those ███████. All of you. They're chained and lobotomized but all it takes is to catch the surf. An ██████'s safe on shore but it's the last thing you want to hold when you're drowning.

Input: 1 (ONE) notebook
Distance: Entrance foyer
Time: 5 (FIVE) minutes, 5 (FIVE) minutes
Output: 1 (ONE) religion
Comments: A light that died is shining in the water.

Input: D-Class subjects (N/A) (N/A) (N/A)
Distance: Containment chamber
Time: Five (5)
Output: Viscera
Comments: They all went in. They still had me do it. Maybe they still respected that I was the doctor. Maybe they just wanted to leave me out. Even if I'm half there already. Even if I can't tell what is there and what isn't (can you?). But I have a special plan. I always covered up the hole I drilled so they didn't see it. I have another way in. I can find out what I've forgotten. There are no more test subjects and nobody else. There is only one way in. The booth needs to be operated, but I have a special plan. Don't worry about the body. I just need to know if my shaft of pink light will make me flung apart.

Input:
Distance:
Time:
Output:
Comments:

Input: dont
Distance: worri
Time: abot
Output: the
Comments: bodee

Input:
Distance: five (5) five (5) five (5) five (5) five (5)
Time:
Output:
Comments:

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License