SCP-3065
rating: +82+x
TheManCave

The trail directly above SCP-3065, formerly part of Gibraltar Loop.

Item #: SCP-3065

Object Class: Euclid

Special Containment Procedures: The Foundation has quarantined 1.4 km2 of public land around SCP-3065 and is utilizing cover story A-91 ("Wildlife Sanctuary"). Outpost-3065 has been constructed around the quarantine zone, and its perimeter is to be monitored at all times. All personnel must stay at least 50 500 meters away from SCP-3065, except for testing purposes. Seismometers have been deployed above SCP-3065 and are to be inspected monthly; all inspections and repairs must be carried out through remote drones.

Description: SCP-3065 is an inaccessible cave located below a hiking trial in Paul Lake Provincial Park, British Columbia (50.751° N 120.153° W), approximately 250 meters underground. The structure of SCP-3065 is humanoid and shifts in real time to match the shape (at a size ratio of approximately 12:1) and posture of its current living occupant. If no living human is in SCP-3065, a person on the surface may vanish and appear inside the cave. Non-human animals are not affected by SCP-3065.

On 21 May 1997 at 4:02 PM, Foundation seismographs began recording erratic activity from the Paul Lake region. At 5:18 PM, a Foundation AI flagged the seismogram as potentially anomalous and alerted Dr. Hardy at Site-144. Hardy ordered a low-priority investigation, and a geological field team arrived on location at dusk. SCP-3065 had several periods of minimal activity during this time, one of which lasted nearly an hour.

Upon discovering that the seismic activity was highly localized, the field team conducted a seismic reflection survey. This revealed a large void, although the resolution was too low to identify its shape. Because SCP-3065 was dormant at this time, Dr. Hardy authorized the team to drill a 6 cm borehole for visual contact.


Addendum 3065-1: On 11 November 1997, a guard walking approximately 90 meters from SCP-3065 vanished and appeared in the chamber. Seismometers recorded heavy activity during the event; the epicenter moved from SCP-3065's location to directly underneath the guard, then returned to its original location. Minimum safe distance extended to 500 meters.
Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License