SCP-3093
rating: +38+x

Item #: SCP-3093

Object Class: Safe Euclid

Special Containment Procedures: SCP-3093's state is to be monitored at all times, and all reported sightings of SCP-3093 are to be recorded and sent to Doctors Vaughn and Laika for further research.

Should an instance of EE-3093 occur, agents should be dispatched to the area of the anomaly and report all observations to the research team evacuate all civilians immediately and contain witnesses as soon as possible. If any sightings of SCP-3093-A are reported by witnesses, MTF-Mu-13 should be deployed to the location at once.

SCP-3093-1 is to be guarded and placed under surveillance for a minimum of 20 hours per day. SCP-3093-1 has been instructed to notify personnel of any recurrences of EE-3093.

Description: SCP-3093 is a wavelength of color thought to be located at (105, -101, -23) on the CIELAB colorspace spectrum grid1 that cannot normally be interpreted by the human eye. In rare cases, SCP-3093 can be interpreted by the human eye, although the exact reason why is unknown. It is hypothesized that certain light environments enable the eye to perceive external instances of otherwise invisible light. Subjects reported to have witnessed instances of SCP-3093 describe it as a mixture of intense green and a self-illuminating magenta. Both subjects have referred to the color as "vulvide", despite having never come in contact with each other. Only two people claim to have seen SCP-3093:

  • SCP-3093-1 is a C-Class middle-aged man who possesses 20/12.5 vision. SCP-3093-1 wears prescription glasses, which are maintained carefully by the Foundation following his witnessing SCP-3093.
  • SCP-3093-2 is a teenaged girl who possesses 20/20 vision. SCP-3093-2 is the first known witness of the EE-3093 anomaly, and is thus under heavy surveillance since deceased.

Very rarely, SCP-3093 will accompany an occurrence of EE-3093, as well as an appearance of SCP-3093-A.

  • SCP-3093-A is a humanoid figure that has been described by SCP-3093-2 as featureless and bathed in the vulvide color. SCP-3093-A has not been seen by anyone except SCP-3093-2, though its existence has been proven by Dr. Vaughn. SCP-3093-A has not been observed to interact with subjects or attempt contact, and should be considered safe is extremely hostile when provoked and should be avoided at all costs, following Incident 3093-F1-B.
  • EE-3093 is an anomalous event in which a subject is able to see SCP-3093-A and its activities. The results of the only test conducted provide too little data to prove the exact circumstances under which EE-3093 occurs.

Interview 3093-A:

The following is an interview of SCP-3093-1, following the first known sighting of SCP-3093.

Doctor Ingrid Laika: So can you please describe this incident?

SCP-3093-1: I know it sounds crazy, but it's true. What I saw… it was almost unreal. But it was real. It was real.

<Begin Log, 20:00>

Dr. Laika: Please detail the situation in which you observed the phenomenon.

SCP-3093-1: Well, it had been a long night, and I was passed out on the bed…

Dr. Laika: We just need the details of what actually happened, Mr. █████.

SCP-3093-1: R-right. Well, I woke up, and the room was bathed in this bizarre light. But all the windows were closed, and the lights were all off. It wasn't coming from anywhere; there was no source… It was just… there.

Dr. Laika: Can you describe the nature of this light?

SCP-3093-1: It was a color I'd never seen before. It was like a mixture of pink and green, except it wasn't. I still can't recreate it in my mind… I wasn't drunk or high or anything, I swear…

Dr. Laika: We know that, sir. We tested your blood when we brought you here.

SCP-3093-1: You probably think I'm insane.

Dr. Laika: No, I can assure you, we think you're perfectly sane. Now, can you describe anything else you saw?

SCP-3093-1: Well, after I got up, the light faded a bit. I thought it was just a hallucination, but then I saw the room. Every surface was covered in blurry vulvide writing-

Dr. Laika: Vulvide?

SCP-3093-1: Sorry, I don't know why I said that. It just… fits. Doesn't it?

Dr. Laika: *mumbling* So the room was covered in writing. Could you identify the language?

SCP-3093-1: I couldn't tell, it was like it was permanently out of focus… it looked vaguely like the Greek alphabet, I guess.

Dr. Laika: And what happened then?

SCP-3093-1: Then it all disappeared. I blinked and the lights and writing were gone.

Dr. Laika: And one more thing, Mr. █████. Are you familiar with the girl in this photo?

SCP-3093-1: No clue who that is. An old girlfriend of mine? No, actually… who is she?

Dr. Laika: I believe that concludes this interview. We'll escort you to your containment cell in a moment.

SCP-3093-1: Wait, what? Wait, you said—

<End Log, 20:07>

Interview 3093-B:

The following is an interview conducted with SCP-3093-2.

SCP-3093-2: I don't know why I have to be here, honestly.

Doctor Terrence Vaughn: Please cooperate, Miss ██, and you'll be out shortly.

<Begin Log, 20:00>

Dr. Vaughn: Please describe what you saw.

SCP-3093-2: It was a weird light, I think. It just appeared when I blinked.

Dr. Vaughn: And what color was the light?

SCP-3093-2: I don't know. I guess it was like purply-green? It's not like I was on drugs. Can I go now?

Dr. Vaughn: And what other things did you see?

SCP-3093-2: You won't believe me.

Dr. Vaughn: Say it and let's see. We believe you may have witnessed a spectral anomaly.

SCP-3093-2: Okay, well there was writing all over the wall, but I couldn't read any of it. And then—

Dr. Vaughn: Was it indecipherable or just blurry?

SCP-3093-2: Blurry, it was blurry.

Dr. Vaughn: And was there anything—

SCP-3093-2: Vulvide… yeah.

Dr. Vaughn: I'm sorry?

SCP-3093-2: Well if it's a new color, I get to name it, right? I think we should call it vulvide.

Dr. Vaughn: Interesting.

SCP-3093-2: So I get to name it?

Dr. Vaughn: Yes, I suppose so. Informally, at least. The internal designation will remain SCP-3093.

SCP-3093-2: Hell, yeah.

Dr. Vaughn: Now, please look at this picture. Do you know this man? Answer honestly; this information will not be disclosed.

SCP-3093-2: I have no idea who that is. Were you implying that I was… involved with him? God, look at him. He must be, like, 40 or something.

Dr. Vaughn: That's not what I meant. This man has witnessed a similar event, and has just described the same color that you claimed to have witnessed as 'vulvide'.

SCP-3093-2: What? So… I didn't discover it?

Dr. Vaughn: 'Vulvide' has always existed, Miss ██. You're just one of the first to see it.

SCP-3093-2: Okay, cool, I guess.

Dr. Vaughn: Could you describe the light's source?

SCP-3093-2: I don't know if there was one… It was just, everywhere.

Dr. Vaughn: And was there anything else?

SCP-3093-2: There was someone there, covered in the light. It looked human, but somehow… it wasn't. It was just standing there, motionless in my room. But when the color went away, so did it. I didn't get a good look at it.

Dr. Vaughn: Okay, that's all we need. Do you have any questions?

SCP-3093-2: Can I leave now?

<End Log, 20:09>

Following this interview, SCP-3093-2 was taken in for further testing.

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License