SCP-3228
rating: +59+x
statue.jpg

SCP-3228

Item #: SCP-3228

Object Class: Euclid

Special Containment Procedures: SCP-3228 is currently housed in a standard humanoid containment cell at Humanoid Containment Site 06-3. Additional beds are also located near SCP-3228's containment cell to be used in testing. All testing of SCP-3228 is to be supervised by Dr. McCormick and, upon completion of testing, all subjects are to referred for full psychiatric evaluation in order to determine the extent of 3228's effects on the subject.

Following Test 3228-06, testing has been suspended due to an ongoing investigation into amnestic use, as authorised by O5-11.

Description: SCP-3228 is a sentient humanoid entity measuring 1.92 meters in height. SCP-3228 appears to be composed of a ceramic material, closely resembling archaeological finds found at Solnitsata1, Bulgaria. While SCP-3228 does not appear to have a metabolism, and is unable to eat, drink, perspire and perform other life functions, SCP-3228 is capable of movement and vocalisation. However, under normal circumstances, SCP-3228 refuses to communicate with any other individual or group, although has been known to converse with various Foundation researchers on some occasions.

If one or more personnel enter REM sleep within a 20 meter proximity of SCP-3228, an 3228-A Event will occur, characterised by two phases. Initially, SCP-3228 will remain in a motionless state for approximately six to nine hours in a "sleep-like" state. Subsequently, SCP-3228 will instantaneously resume normal activities and all subjects will awake from REM sleep simultaneously. Examinations of subjects awakening from REM sleep have shown varying levels of restructuring of neurons within the temporal lobe and hippocampus. In all cases, this has resulted in immediate memory loss, dependant on the extent of the changes occurring within the brain. Attempts to restore memory to affected personnel have so far proved inconclusive.

The second phase of a 3228-A event will typically occur within 30 minutes of personnel awaking from REM sleep. This usually takes the form of an anomalous event, which some personnel under the influence of a 3228-A event describe as a "wish" being fulfilled (see Addendum #1 for examples of 3228-A events).

Addendum #1: Testing Log

Addendum #2: Recovery Log
The Foundation was alerted to SCP-3228 after receiving numerous reports of anomalous events (later confirmed to be 3228-A events) throughout eastern France. However, SCP-3228 was only apprehended after Foundation surveillance recorded 3228 attempting to enter a site formerly having ties to GoI-0267 ("Are We Cool Yet?"). 3228 initially refused to converse with Foundation personnel until Dr. McCormick eventually achieved an interview with SCP-3228.

Interview Transcript3228-01

Date: ██/██/2017
Interviewed: SCP-3228
Interviewer: Dr. McCormick, with ████████████ on standby


<Begin Log>

Dr. McCormick: Greetings, SCP-3228. We'd like to ask you a few questions if that's okay with you?

[SCP-3228 nods.]

Dr. McCormick: I'd like to start by asking what you know about where you are - do you know who we are? Why you're here?

SCP-3228: …My father once spoke about this place…

Dr. McCormick: Could you care to elaborate?

SCP-3228: He said it was a prison, a place things like us spend their days stripped of all freedom and forced to live in a disconsolate isolation from the world. And now - confined to these bare, lifeless walls - I see that much is true. Now, I have no other option to escape into dreams; above anything it only serves to keep me sane…

Dr. McCormick: What exactly do you mean by "escaping" into dreams?

SCP-3228: When people dream, they create entire worlds in their minds, worlds I can go to. Most people I meet are re-living the highlights of their lives and remembering the people they love. But some people… some have detestable fantasies; desires that conjure up cruel and twisted imagery. It's sickening, haunting… I need something to block out that pain. But I feel guilty for taking away from the people who have kept my faith in humanity intact. You understand?

[Dr. McCormick is instructed via earpiece to question 3228 about the individual it calls "father"]

Dr. McCormick: I see. You mentioned your "father" earlier and his knowledge of the Foundation. Can you tell me anything about him?

SCP-3228: Well,"father" is what he wanted us to call him. I was one of a number of his "children". He told us that we had been gifted life, that we were something more than the humans of this world. But, he was never content with what he had. He'd become corrupt by his obsession to create something greater, something evocative, something to show society its greed and destructive nature. Even after claiming that he had finally made the "perfect" piece his human-like obsession to his work left his old creations ageing unloved, unwanted, without a single loving figure in their lives…

[SCP-3228 hesitates.]

SCP-3228: We fought, me and him; the false reality I had been led to believe fuelling my anger towards him, but when he threatened to take away my existence I ran like a coward. When I returned, he'd gone. They'd all gone, and only then did I realise how alone I was.

Dr. McCormick: Have you ever found your "father" since? Do you know where your fellow creations are?

SCP-3228: I've tried to find them, as well as my father, ever since; following rumours, gathering information, searching dreams for any trace of my siblings so I can end my life of solitude… But I guess that will never happen now I'm trapped here for eternity. I hope you're happy with yourselves for this.

Dr. McCormick: Is there anything else you can tell us, about anything you've said, SCP-3228?

[Silence.]

Dr. McCormick: … I think that'll do for now then. Terminating interview.

<End Log>

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License