SCP-3389

rating: +38+x

Item#: ITEM #: 3389
Level3
Containment Class:
euclid
Secondary Class:
none
Disruption Class:
ekhi
Risk Class:
danger

Assigned Site:
Site-83
Assigned MTF:
Eta-5 ("Jäeger Bombers")
{$class-category-3}
{$class-text-3}
{$class-category-4}
{$class-text-4}

the-lake.jpg

Three instances of SCP-3389-1 near the shoreline of SCP-3389

Special Containment Procedures: All facilities, private, and public land in a 10 km radius around SCP-3389 have been purchased by the Foundation and designated Provisional Site-3389. All roads and pedestrian pathways leading to SCP-3389 are to be cordoned off and maintain a patrol of armed guards. An electrified chain-link fence topped with barbed wire has been erected in the immediate vicinity surrounding SCP-3389. Eight guard towers, each occupied by no less than two armed Foundation personnel and equipped with security cameras, have been erected to watch over SCP-3389 at all times.

If any instances of SCP-3389-1 collapse, personnel stationed in the surrounding guard towers are to terminate any emerging SCP-3389-2 instances. No entities emerging from the lake are to reach beyond the chain-link fence. If any personnel are apprehended by an instance of SCP-3389-2, every attempt is to be made to terminate them before they can be pulled into the water.

No sign that SCP-3389-3 or SCP-3389-4 are capable of breaching the dimensional barrier has been found. It is to be assumed that SCP-3389-3 and SCP 3389-4 are actively attempting to breach the dimensional barrier at all times, and as such a Special Interdimensional Containment Team is to be assigned to watch over SCP-3389 at all times.

In the case that SCP-3389-3 or SCP 3389-4 breach the dimensional barrier, Mobile Task Force Eta-5 (Jäger Bombers) is to be deployed from ███████ to neutralize both entities before they can move beyond the boundary of Provisional Site-3389.

SCP 3389-5 is to be kept in a standard humanoid containment unit at Site-83 until such time that reliable communication can be established with Doctor ████████.

Description: SCP-3389 is a man-made lake located in the northeastern United States, near the town of ████████, Pennsylvania. Any human being entering SCP-3389 will, after a variable amount of time not exceeding ten minutes, be pulled beneath the surface of the water regardless of the depth at which they were standing. A few minutes after being submerged, a statue (hereafter referred to as SCP-3389-1) of the subject's exact likeness will rise from the water in their place. These statues are unremarkable beyond their anomalous origin, consisting of a synthetic resin and concrete mixture, and given color by standard household latex paint.

Upon discovery by the Foundation, there were forty-seven SCP-3389-1 instances scattered around the lake, all in various states of decay. Thirteen remain as of ██/██/████. It is currently unknown how many instances were present prior to containment.

Subjects pulled beneath SCP-3389’s surface re-emerge as instances of SCP-3389-2. Instances of SCP-3389-2 surface from the water through an instance of SCP-3389-1, which will collapse moments prior. Their bodies are disfigured in a manner consistent with that of burn victims to variable degrees. Instances of SCP-3389-2 bear a physical resemblance to the instance of SCP-3389-1 through which they surfaced, as well as the subject whose appearance is replicated by said SCP-3389-1 instance.

Once they have surfaced, the entities will begin moving towards the shoreline. SCP-3389-2 entities will then attempt to retrieve subjects and bring them back into SCP-3389, in order to facilitate the creation of more instances of SCP-3389-2.

SCP 3389-3 is ████████████ ████████████████ ██████████████████████████ ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████ █████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
SCP 3389-4 is ███████████ ████████████████ ██████████████████████████ ███████████████ ████████████████████ █████████████████████████ ████████████████ ███████████████ █████████████████████████████████████████ ██████████████████ ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

SCP 3389-5 is the body of Doctor ████████ recovered following Expedition 3389-2 (SEE INCIDENT REPORT 3389/2020). SCP 3389-5 suffers from dimensional distortion, phasing in and out of our dimension and that of what lies beyond SCP 3389. Inconsistent communication is possible with Doctor ████████ through SCP 3389-5, but has so far provided no useful information.

Addendum 3389-A1: Due to the unpredictable nature of SCP-3389-2 instances (SEE ATTACHED INTERVIEW LOGS AND TEST LOGS), they are to be seen as hostile and treated as such.

Addendum 3389-CA: Upon further request from Doctor Albright, an expeditionary force has been granted authorization to attempt further testing. Provisional Site-3389 has been fitted with an expeditionary command center and comms to facilitate expeditions. (SEE EXPEDITION LOGS) Expeditionary force has been disbanded, and further expeditions into SCP 3389 have been barred by order of the O5 Council. (SEE INCIDENT REPORT 3389/2020)

Addendum 3389-B1: At the request of Site Lead for Provisional Site-3389, description of SCP-3389-3 and SCP 3389-4 are to be redacted from report, and Expedition Logs 3389-1 and 3389-2 are to be sealed behind Level 4 Security Clearance.






Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License