SCP-3512
rating: +603+x
Sagrada3.jpg

"Sagrada Familia" Basilica

Item #: SCP-3512

Object Class: Euclid

Special Containment Procedures: Persons affected by SCP-3512 are to be accommodated in standard humanoid containment cells. Missing persons information and amnestics are to be distributed as necessary. Media reports are to be monitored for evidence of SCP-3512 cases, with potential outbreaks investigated.

The entrance to the cavern system beneath Sagrada Familia is to be secured and surveillance established. Mobile Task Force Zeta-9 ("Mole Rats") is to continue exploration of the system, remaining alert for the presence of SCP-3512-1 or any other anomalous phenomena.

Mobile Task Force Alpha-4 ("Pony Express") is to conduct a search and monitoring operation to identify potential instances of SCP-3512-2 in the pre-publishing or distribution stages.

Description: SCP-3512 is a phenomenon which leads to significant changes in the personality and psychological stability of certain women between the ages of 18 and 40. To date, nine such women have been identified and contained by the Foundation, and a further suspected instance was found deceased in her home.

Women affected by SCP-3512 score extremely highly on NEO-PI-R measures for openness, extraversion and agreeableness. This is the case regardless of previous personality indicators, and affected women do not appear to be aware of such changes. The behaviour of affected women is characterised by high sociability and lack of inhibition, punctuated by prolonged bouts of uncontrollable screaming. The incidence and duration of screaming has been observed to decline over a 4-5 month period. Other personality changes appear to be permanent.

Potential occurrences of SCP-3512 in several countries are being reviewed. All confirmed cases of SCP-3512 linked to an initial outbreak in Barcelona, Spain, which was investigated by Foundation Agents Riley Cooper and Tomàs Rey. Agent Cooper's notes are included below to provide further description of the anomaly and surrounding circumstances.




Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License