SCP-3582
rating: +43+x

Accessing file SCP-3582…

Attention: this SCP file contains multiple iterations. Do you wish to view the most recent iteration? y/n

Input: n

Do you wish to view iterations sequentially? y/n

Input: y

Understood. Accessing SCP-3582 iteration 1, file date 3/15/2023…

Item #: SCP-3582

Object Class: Euclid

Special Containment Procedures: Area-3582 has been established around a perimeter encompassing the area currently affected by SCP-3582. Civilian presence is prohibited within 3 kilometres of Area-3582 under the cover story of a military testing base. A total of 250 Scranton Reality Anchors are placed at 30 meter intervals along the perimeter surrounding SCP-3582. Under no circumstances are non-D-Class personnel to enter SCP-3582. Any Foundation equipment or personnel affected by SCP-3582 are to be considered lost.

Description: SCP-3582 is a spacial phenomenon encompassing a roughly circular area of approximately 36 square kilometres in Mitchell County, Georgia. The affected area, and all buildings, objects, and animals within it, are subject to random and sporadic reality alterations.

Observed alterations include:

  • transformation of terrain to erratic, unnatural, and often non-Euclidean geometry.
  • spontaneous manifestation of individual non-anomalous objects and animals. It is of note that the point of manifestation is not affected by pre-existing geometry; this can result in the intersection and displacement of solid matter.
  • spontaneous replacement of individual objects and animals with non-anomalous analogs of the same variety.

Hume readings of SCP-3582’s area of effect are wildly inconsistent; Hume levels range from the baseline of 1 to 7 13 34 72. At the current rate of exponentiation, it is estimated that Scranton Reality Anchors will become ineffective in mitigating the effects of SCP-3582 by 6/22/2024. Keter reclassification is under consideration.

Addendum 3582.1: Timeline of notable events

The following is a list of several notable anomalous events within SCP-3582 taking place between its discovery and 3/15/2023.

Event Date Event Description
1/27/2021 Initial discovery of SCP-3582, following reports of unusual activity in the area. Initial containment procedures enacted.
2/10/2021 Anomalous shifting of approximately 3 square kilometres within SCP-3582 to erratic and jagged terrain; mild damage to equipment within the area sustained. First major effects of SCP-3582 observed by Foundation personnel.
11/23/2021 Spontaneous manifestation of 12 large ash trees during routine scouting, causing the deaths of 2 D-class personnel who were encased within a tree on its manifestation.
4/10/2022 Manifestation of 3 female cows; one appeared almost completely underground and subsequently died of blood loss due to its body being displaced by surrounding dirt, one died after falling from approximately 15 meters above ground, and one was unharmed. All specimens were tested and found to be completely non-anomalous.
10/19/2022 One D-class personnel inspecting the manifestation of a Ford brand pickup truck was spontaneously replaced by a man in his mid-forties wearing dirty farm clothes. The subject panicked and became violent upon coming into contact with Area-3582 staff and was subsequently terminated. This is the first observed occurrence of SCP-3582 directly affecting a human.
1/12/2023 Following a momentary loss of power to on-site SRAs1, approximately 200 tons of clay and dirt manifested within a section of Area-3582, resulting in the deaths of 18 Foundation personnel. SCP-3582 exclusion zone was expanded and containment procedures were revised.

Update 8/16/2023: Based on recent events, the above documentation has been rendered outdated. Please proceed to SCP-3582 file iteration 2.

Accessing SCP-3582 Iteration 2, file date 6/4/2024…

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License