SCP-3680
rating: +45+x
3680R

An instance of SCP-3680 at the time of its retrieval.

Item #: SCP-3680

Object Class: Euclid

Special Containment Procedures: The hallway segments of ███████ High School are to be patrolled by several agents disguised as janitorial staff. These agents are to be issued:

  • One janitorial uniform consistent with the uniforms given to custodians of the school, consisting of: one pair of navy blue pants, one navy blue jacket with the lettering: “███████ High School” on the back, one brown or black belt, and one white or gray dress shirt.
  • One silent tranquilizer gun, concealed in the right inside jacket pocket.
  • Four tranquilizer darts, carrying a heavy sedative that can incapacitate a 120 pound human male for one full hour post-injection. These darts are to be concealed in the left inside jacket pocket.
  • Two syringes filled with 1.75 mL of tranquilizer which are to be intravenously injected in case of containment breach (see Special Containment Procedures: paragraph three). These are also to be concealed in the left inside jacket pocket.
  • One wristwatch fitted with a tracking chip and two-way radio which can be used to contact Sector 76-R.

Several micro-cameras have been set up around ███████ High School which broadcast a feed to Sector 76-R. This feed must be watched by no less than two persons at once to ensure no breaches of containment. Between certain hours of each weekday (Mon. through Fri.), no less than eight persons must be watching the feed. These times are:

  • Between the hours of 08:45 and 09:30
  • Between the hours of 12:30 and 13:00
  • Between the hours of 15:30 and 16:15

If a new instance of SCP-3680 is sighted, agents will be dispatched to safely dispose of the instance. In that time, students and faculty are to be rerouted away from the instance of SCP-3680 by any agents not directly involved in the disposal of the item. If any persons come into physical contact with an instance of SCP-3680, they are to be immediately tranquilized (either at a distance using a tranquilizer gun or through the use of a syringe) as well as any witnesses. They are to be detained and quickly sent to Sector 76-R, which is located two miles South of ███████, the town that ███████ High School resides in. They are then to be sealed in a small room with one closed access point in Sector 76-R until ample time has allowed the effects of SCP-3680 to dissipate. They are then issued Class-B amnestics and allowed to return home.

Upon retrieval of a new instance of SCP-3680, it is to be brought into a safe room located inside of ███████ High School, where it is kept in an airtight storage cell. From there, the instance is transported to Site 76, where it is kept in a bulk storage vault.

Description: SCP-3680 are sheets of 18” x 24” poster paper that randomly materialize in the hallway segments of ███████ High School between specific hours of each weekday (Mon. through Fri.). Instances of SCP-3680 have, so far, only materialized in three specific time frames, and never if more than one person is able to view the materialization. These times are always when students of the school are having or have just gotten out of class, and are believed to have been chosen to increase exposure to instances of SCP-3680. Only one instance will appear per day, and instances do not necessarily materialize each day; in fact, time between appearances of SCP-3680 has been measured at up to seven days.

Instances of SCP-3680 always have several things in common, with very few exceptions:

  • They will have words and/or drawings on them, which appear to be handwritten in multicolored washable marker.
  • The words will have a common theme: almost always the theme will be “bullying”; specifically, it will give reasonings to why “bullying” is good (although many are incoherent and meaningless).
  • Crude drawings are shown of humanoid figures, always with shapes in the middle of their heads which appear to be brains1.

Upon contact with the bare skin of any human, the anomalous effect of SCP-3680 begins. After thirty-two minutes and twenty-four seconds, any person who has come in contact with an instance of SCP-3680 will experience hallucinations of tall, slender humanoid figures. These entities (hereby designated SCP-3680-2) have been described by victims of SCP-3680 as white with a black outline surrounding their body, having small, misshapen eyes, and with large shapes inside their head that appear to be brains. These “brains” will have multicolored numbers inside of them that appear to be binary code. This description appears to directly correlate to the images that appear on the first instance of SCP-3680 created, which has been designated SCP-3680-1 throughout this document.

Instances of SCP-3680-2 will continue to be hallucinated by victims of SCP-3680 for forty-six minutes and fifty-two seconds, at which point they will simply disappear. No brain damage has been found in victims of SCP-3680’s anomalous effects, but minor Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder has been observed. The symptomatic panic attacks common between persons suffering from PTSD are in this case usually caused by pieces of media that portray tall and thin characters, especially as inherently malevolent beings. Class-A and -B amnestic has been found to cure any cases of this.

The first instance of SCP-3680 was placed in the East hallway segment of ███████ High School on 2/██/201█, where it was brought to the Foundation’s attention after numerous reports of widespread paranoia forced the school to close for the rest of its school day. SCP-3680-1 was diagnosed as the problem and retrieved the next morning. Class-A amnestic was spread over the city of ███████, and its surrounding fields and towns.

36801R

SCP-3680-1 at the time of its retrieval.

SCP-3680-1 had first thought to be a work by GoI #2979 ‘Are We Cool Yet?’, but after extensive search through the student databases, personnel found that one student, Alexander Fillmore (hereby referred to as PoI #3674), was a known member of GoI #5869 ‘Gamers Against Weed’. Upon attempts to retrieve PoI #3674 for interrogation, it was found that he had been missing for just over fourteen hours. Following are several excerpts from the Gamers Against Weed chat log. It is important to note that PoI #3674 goes by the screen name ‘GhettoPotato’.

Several tests were performed on various instances of SCP-3680 at a secured testing chamber in Site 76, monitored by Dr. Wallace Bishop.

D-364792, G1, and the last figure were all sent directly to the medical bay after sealing the instance of SCP-3680. The pocket dimension that they were in and the white substance they were covered with will be hereby designated SCP-3680-3 and SCP-3680-4 respectively.

To prevent the same fate of D-239304, all infected areas were amputated— D-364792 lost both of his legs, the unidentified human lost his left leg below the knee and his right hand at the wrist, and Gamma-2 Lieutenant Killian lost his left foot. All three procedures were successful at stopping the spread of SCP-3680-4 and preventing the deaths of all three persons. The infected limbs were placed into an airtight storage cell and stored along with the instances of SCP-3680.

The unidentified person has been confirmed to be Alexander Fillmore, POI#3674, and the creator of SCP-3680-1.

The following interview was conducted by Dr. Bishop, approx. 16 hours after retrieval of POI#3674 from SCP-3680-3, and approx. 39 hours after retrieval of SCP-3680-1.

Addendum 3680.1: Two weeks after the initial containment of SCP-3680, Dr. Bishop requested that document SCP-3680 be changed in the following message to O5 command:

To: O5-1, O5-2, O5-3, O5-4, O5-5, O5-6, O5-7, O5-8, O5-9, O5-10, O5-11, O5-12, O5-13

Sub: SCP-3680

Body: SCP-3680 has been revealed to be more than what we initially perceived it to be, and thus, I think we should update its Description.

I request permission to edit the SCP-3680 document to add in the following information:

Object Class: Euclid Keter

Under Description:

If contact is made by a person with an instance of SCP-3680 for exactly 48.7 seconds, that person is sent to a pocket dimension, hereby designated SCP-3680-3. SCP-3680-3 is a pocket dimension made of plastic consistent with commercial-grade acrylonitrile butadiene styrene produced by The Lego Group. SCP-3680-3 is believed to contain all instances of SCP-3680-2; however, it has been proven that these instances can move between SCP-3680-3 and our dimension freely using instances of SCP-3680. Upon entering SCP-3680-3, a subject can only come back to our universe using a window that resides in the pocket dimension. Upon going through this window, subject will come out of the instance of SCP-3680 that they entered.

SCP-3680-2 instances are theorized to exit SCP-3680-3 at certain times during the day to create new instances of SCP-36802 and hang them on the walls of ███████ High School. This is believed to be to coerce students and faculty within the school to enter SCP-3680-3. SCP-3680-2 instances cannot be seen, felt, or heard without prior contact with an instance of SCP-3680, so these instances are nearly impossible to contain, but produce minimal threat on their own.

When a subject enters SCP-3680, they do not immediately notice the instances of SCP-3680-2, as they are not yet under the anomalous effects of the instance of SCP-3680. However, once the anomalous effect of SCP-3680 begins, they will be attacked by the numerous instances of SCP-3680-2 that reside inside the pocket dimension. The SCP-3680-2 instances will try to pin down or restrain the subject, and infect them with a white gelatinous substance hereby designated SCP-3680-4. This substance is theorized to replace the human tissue of its subject with the same cardboard-like material that SCP-3680-2 is made of. After SCP-3680-4 has covered the whole body, the subject is transformed into a new instance of SCP-3680-2.3

SCP-3680-2 instances have only been shown to act aggressively inside SCP-3680-3. However, even if the subject escapes SCP-3680-3, SCP-3680-4 will continue to consume them. Removal of infected areas is effective at stopping the spread of SCP-3680-4.

SCP-3680 instances currently only materialize in ███████ High School. If the school were to be abandoned or torn down, it is expected that the instances of SCP-3680-2 would leave the school to find a better place to display new instances of SCP-3680, which may lead to significant loss of life, and the inability to contain SCP-3680 due to the nature of SCP-3680-2 instances. Therefore, it is imperative that ███████ High School continues to function in its present state.

Change of the document is pending approval.

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License