SCP-3754
rating: +89+x

Item #: SCP-3754

Object Class: Euclid

Special Containment Procedures: Foundation web crawlers are to routinely conduct traces on downloads of SCP-3754, prioritizing individuals who have processed micropayments through SCP-3754. On a successful trace, the owner of SCP-3754's host device is to be amnesticized, and the device reset to factory defaults. In the event of a relaunch of SCP-3754, the developers are to be traced and detained, while the store page is forcibly removed from all mobile app stores. A disinformation campaign is to be initiated claiming injuries related to SCP-3754 are the results of self-mutilation.

Description: SCP-3754 is a mobile video game titled "Pocket Pet Collector Plus!", created by amateur entrepreneurial group "Accelerate The Future". The gameplay of SCP-3754 is similar to games known as virtual pet simulators, which require the player to attend to the pet's needs in order to gain its affection. It was available for free download on Google Play and Amazon Kindle stores from 09/23/██ to 11/03/██, during which it amassed a dedicated online community before being removed from both stores. Despite this, SCP-3754 will remain functional unless the software is uninstalled from its host device.

SCP-3754's main screen displays a pair of cartoonish eyes and a mouth, both of which are animate. The top of the display shows three bars, representing SCP-3754's happiness, its affection for the player, and its hunger, respectively. Two icons in the bottom corners of the screen indicate the player's inventory and a store the player can visit to buy items to raise SCP-3754's meters, such as toys and food. Along the left side of the display is a meter gauging the amount of accumulated calories. When the caloric meter is entirely filled, SCP-3754's host device will manifest a one-way portal in place of its screen, through which an egg (designated SCP-3754-O) will be produced. The created portal will disappear immediately after an SCP-3754-O has fully manifested.

SCP-3754-O instances manifest in a variety of colors and each possesses a micro-USB port on its air cell. When a micro USB cable (typically a phone charger) is connected to SCP-3754-O and allowed to charge, the instance will hatch after a period of ten minutes to reveal an animal figurine. All figurines produced from SCP-3754-O instances possess an identifying tag, listing their name and color scheme. Tests have concluded that all figurines are non-anomalous.

While SCP-3754 was marketed as free-to-play, some aspects offered players the option to purchase premium in-game items with legal tender to increase the rate at which meters charge.1. Even though this is effective in maintaining SCP-3754's affection and happiness, premium food items2 were found to slowly increase the rate of hunger.

If SCP-3754 is given an item purchased from the in-app store and then fed a free item, the entity will respond with hostility and a desire to be fed exclusively with items from the in-app store. If this desire is not attended to, SCP-3754 will typically wait until contact has been made with the screen and consume the physical matter. This is followed by simulated sound bytes of chewing and gulping, occasionally accompanied by a low-frequency vibration from the host device.

Field Notes: The online community surrounding SCP-3754 displayed varying amounts of dedication, with an average of 200 hours among the majority of players. Those that played longer were more likely to accept SCP-3754's hostility as a game feature. Incidentally, long-term players were found to also have larger collections of mini-figurines with more diversity in rarity. This led to players starting rumors that SCP-3754's consumption of human flesh increased the possibility of an SCP-3754-O instance yielding a rare mini-figurine.

Figurines produced by SCP-3754-O are traded and sold online as collectibles, with figurines having been produced without using the in-app shop being valued highly.

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License