SCP-3790

Department of Abnormalities

rating: +768+x
Item#: 3790
Level5
Containment Class:
safe
Secondary Class:
none
Disruption Class:
dark
Risk Class:
notice

doorway3.jpg

Interior of SCP-3790.

Special Containment Procedures: The door into the stairwell leading to SCP-3790 is to be padlocked at all times, and a single guard is to be posted nearby to ensure no individuals enter SCP-3790.

By order of the Overseer Council, entry into SCP-3790 is forbidden.

Description: SCP-3790 is a structure located beneath the abandoned Port Superior Canning Company warehouse in London, United Kingdom. The only access to this space is down a narrow stairwell that ends in a short black door. The door is free of identifying markings save for a small metal placard just above the door handle that reads "SCP Foundation Department of Abnormalities".

    • _

    The interior of SCP-3790 consists of several descending levels, each consisting of a hallway containing four doors, two per side, and a grated freight elevator at the far end of the corridor leading to the lower levels. While there is evidence of prior human activity within SCP-3790, the structure appears to have been abandoned for a considerable amount of time.

    Each of the doors is a solid, heavy metal door with a sliding panel covering a small glass viewport into the dimly lit chamber beyond. The doors, some of which are rusted but otherwise undamaged, have at some point in the past had their handles and unlocking mechanisms removed, and have been welded shut. The only distinguishing marks on these doors are small metal placards located just beneath the sliding panel. These placards usually bear what is believed to be the designation for the contents of the chamber, though in some cases the placards have been removed or are damaged.

    A clipboard holding a legal pad hangs on the back of the main access door. Several pages appear to have been torn away from the pad. The frontmost intact piece of paper contains a list of names and a short note. The remainder of the pages are irrelevant.

    The elevator has access to seven levels of the structure.

    No record of the SCP Foundation ever having a Department of Abnormalities exists. No information regarding the structure has been documented.

    Addendum 3790.1: Chamber Contents

    The following is a list of the rooms on each floor, the text on each door's placard, and a visual description of the contents of each chamber, if possible.


    Level One

    Room One
    Placard Name: Vivaldi
    Description: Chamber is empty aside from a violin propped in the far corner of the room. The bow is broken on the ground in front of it.

    Room Two
    Placard Name: Montezuma's Face
    Description: An ornate wooden chest with gold inlays and a large steel lock sits on a table in the middle of the chamber. A quiet clicking sound, like that of a clock, is barely audible from within the chamber.

    Room Three
    Placard Name: No placard
    Description: Chamber is empty.

    Room Four
    Placard Name: Placard has been damaged and text is unreadable
    Description: Chamber is empty. Long gashes cover the walls. Pieces of bone are visible across the chamber floor.

    Level Two

    Room One
    Placard Name: Ian
    Description: A thin, pale man in a straitjacket wearing a blindfold sits in the corner of the chamber.

    Room Two
    Placard Name: The Crying Boy
    Description: A canvas is set up in the room. A sheet is draped over it.

    Room Three
    Placard Name: The Watchers
    Description: Three vaguely humanoid figures are huddled in a far corner of the room, looking away from the door. The figures can be seen shifting slightly, but due to lighting conditions within the chamber, no other details can be made out.

    Room Four
    Placard Name: No placard
    Description: Beyond the door appears to be another dark hallway.

    Level Three

    Room One
    Placard Name: The Infinite Cold
    Description: The floor of the chamber is covered with a thin layer of water. The interior of the room seems to be considerably larger than its exterior physical dimensions would allow.

    Room Two
    Placard Name: Sorrow
    Description: A pedestal rests in the middle of the chamber. Four parallel lines in the dust, consistent with finger marks, imply that whatever was upon it has recently been removed.

    Room Three
    Placard Name: World Without Man
    Description: Chamber is empty.

    Room Four
    Placard Name: Adam's Hatred
    Description: A billowing, indistinct black shape is visible in the back of the room.

    Level Four

    Room One
    Placard Name: The Morning Star
    Description: A rusted sword hangs on a rack in the back of the room. The door to the chamber feels warm.

    Room Two
    Placard Name: Wormwood
    Description: Viewport is obscured.

    Room Three
    Placard Name: Harmonia's Necklace
    Description: A simple golden necklace hangs on a post in the back of the room, which is lit by a single tall candle. The chamber does not appear to have a floor.

    Room Four
    Placard Name: No placard
    Description: Chamber is unlit. Individuals who look into this room feel a lingering sense of dread afterward.

    Level Five

    Room One
    Placard Name: The Heart of Man
    Description: Inside the chamber is a single, still-beating human heart suspended from the ceiling by a wire. The interior of the chamber appears distorted.

    Room Two
    Placard Name: Tool marks indicate that placard has been pried off. The word "hello" is scratched into the metal where the placard should be.
    Description: Sliding panel is welded shut.

    Room Three
    Placard Name: Channel 55
    Description: A small, CRT television sits in the center of the room. Something is playing on the screen, but a dark cloth has been draped over the top of it.

    Room Four
    Placard Name: Living Nightmare
    Description: A dirty twin mattress on a simple metal frame rests in the middle of the room. A figure is lying on the mattress with a sheet pulled up over them.

    Level Six

    Room One
    Placard Name: Mr. Silence
    Description: A tall, black, wooden box rests against the back wall. It is bound in chains and locks. A bright purple "W" is emblazoned on its front in gold trim.

    Room Two
    Placard Name: The Dead Man's Chair
    Description: A wooden chair sits in the far corner of the room. A faint shadow can be seen 'sitting' in it, which disappears upon a second viewing.

    Room Three
    Placard Name: Ötzi
    Description: A layer of ice covers the viewport and obscures visibility. A dark shape can be seen in the middle of the room, although no details can be distinguished.

    Room Four
    Placard Name: Apollyon's Crown
    Description: A silver lockbox rests on a table in the middle of the room. Notably, the exterior of the door is covered in scratch marks, as if by something trying to get into the chamber.

    Level Seven

    Although the opening to the seventh level is visible through the grated floor of the elevator, the lift mechanism appears to have been modified and can no longer access that floor.


Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License