SCP-4020
rating: +275+x

WARNING: 4/4020 CLEARANCE REQUIRED

The security clearance required to access this document has recently been upgraded. If you have formerly viewed this material and are now unable to, please contact pcs.noitadnuof|sse#pcs.noitadnuof|sse immediately. Failure to do so will result in disciplinary action. Your visit to this page has already been logged.

Attempting to access beyond this point without proper clearance is grounds for immediate termination of employment.





Item #: SCP-4020 Level 4/4020
Object Class: Euclid Classified


Special Containment Procedures: SCP-4020 is to be contained in a standard humanoid containment cell. In an attempt to stimulate SCP-4020’s memory and promote its rehabilitation, it is henceforth to be contained within a fortified reproduction of Dr. Lecroy’s current apartment1. This has been constructed on sub-level 33 of Site-17 at the request of Dr. Palomi. The facsimile has been copied as faithfully as possible with the following alterations.

All furniture has been bolted or otherwise bonded to the floor. Small spaces that might have allowed SCP-4020 to resist security personnel, such as the underside of the bed, have been filled in. Interior doors have been reinforced and equipped with remotely accessible electronic locks to allow SCP-4020 to be isolated when necessary. The mail slot has been sealed shut since the “front door” is one of two main access points for Foundation staff, the other being the bedroom cupboard. All glass objects have been replicated instead with damage-resistant polycarbonate. Windows have been imitated by playing looped video footage of the view from Dr. Lecroy’s apartment. In the event that SCP-4020 regains the capacity to write, wall-mounted electronic white boards have been installed in all rooms. Sound proofing has also been installed at the request of attending staff.

SCP-4020 does not require sustenance and is not to be provided with food or liquids. SCP-4020’s capacity to ingest nutrition is currently undergoing testing. It is to be administered with various samples under the supervision of the investigating researchers. Feeding timetables will be made available to relevant personnel on a day-to-day basis.

SCP-4020 is to be attended to for three hours each day by a therapist trained in dealing with extreme trauma and speech and language rehabilitation. It may be played music and television programs at the discretion of Dr. Sale.

When SCP-4020 is not being attended by a researcher it should be monitored at all times by at least one Level 2 Level 3 or above staff member via video and audio surveillance. Any noteworthy changes of behaviour or suggestions of coherent language are to be reported to the senior investigative researcher immediately.

However, it is also mandated that no staff members assigned to Site-41, or those who have any personal or professional link to staff members of Site-41, are to be permitted access to SCP-4020. To minimise the risk of this it is recommended that only a select group of staff are allocated to SCP-4020’s study and care.


Description: SCP-4020 is a blonde haired male Caucasian human with a thick, wiry beard. It is approximately 1.8 meters in height and its physical age appears to be between 35 and 45. All areas of its skin display heavy scarring from what looks to be numerous small cuts.

Despite this, SCP-4020’s body currently seems impervious to almost any form of damage. Evidence from the site of its recovery suggests that while it is susceptible to high pressure, its bones and organs cannot be harmed by it. Its flesh cannot be pierced or cut by objects of any sharpness, although it still registers pain when attempts have been made to do so. Its hair and nails also retain this damage-resistant property and cannot be removed from its person. Since entering containment SCP-4020 has not been recorded as losing a single hair by natural means. It also does not appear to shed dead skin cells.

SCP-4020 does not show any signs of aging or other physical alterations. Its hair and nails do not grow. It has so far displayed no capacity for sleep or for losing consciousness. All attempts to chemically alter its condition with sedatives, painkillers and mood enhancers have proved ineffective.

It does not require, and indeed seems unable to digest, any foodstuffs. It will consume any presented to it with an appearance of great hunger but will then expel them again orally within a few minutes. It has also been observed attempting to eat paper and wooden pencils with the same result. As such it does not produce any other waste. Update ██/██/████: It has been advanced by Dr. McKinley that SCP-4020’s inability to retain nourishment may be a result of his prolonged absence from feeding rather than a physical condition. This possibility is being explored. It also does not require oxygen to survive, though it shows great discomfort when none is present.

SCP-4020 is believed to have spent approximately four million years buried underground in total isolation and considerable pain (see Discovery for further particulars). As a result it is extremely psychologically damaged. Since its recovery, it has spent nearly every moment screaming. The presence or absence of other individuals does not affect this behaviour. It has not shown itself to be particularly aggressive to staff members within its vicinity, but will attempt to bite, scratch and beat any who try to touch it. At present, it appears unable to comprehend any form of communication. It will occasionally stamp or repeatedly strike its palms on the ground as if it is trying to crush something. It is also prone to violent fits which it experiences at irregular intervals, often accompanied by attempts to hide itself and to pull its own hair out. In the immediate aftermath of its recovery and confinement it was observed attempting to push its thumbs into its own eye sockets without any success. This behaviour has since ceased.

DNA recovered from the saliva of SCP-4020 is an exact match for one Dr. Terrence Arthur Lecroy, a Foundation Researcher currently assigned to Site-41. Their facial features have also been matched with 96.6% accuracy. It is theorised, though as of yet unproven, that SCP-4020 is a future iteration of Dr. Lecroy that has been transported backwards through time. As such, Dr. Lecroy is nominally to be considered SCP-4020-0.


Discovery: On ██/██/████ routine keyword monitoring picked up the following search request from a civilian computer in ███████, █████:

scp class k 2021 41 foundation holes

Upon further investigation, the culprit was found to be entirely uninformed about the nature or existence of the Foundation, and revealed that he had seen the words written on a wall within an unnamed cave system in ██████████. After detailing its location he was administered with Class B amnestics and a Standard Field Unit was dispatched to explore the site.

They discovered what appeared to be a crude attempt at an SCP-document painted in modern English some distance beyond the mouth of the cave. Subsequent analysis of the cave wall and the “paint” substance itself however indicated that the writing dated from circa 4,000,000 B.C. This is believed to have been produced by SCP-4020 preceding its burial and is subsequently designated SCP-4020-A. A transcript is given below.

SCP-488049015ZZ9Z5A

CLASS K

CONTN – POUR WATER IN AND RUN AWAY OR SET FIRE ON ENTRANCE

DES – LIKE SPIDER  FLYS  COME FROM HOLES  EVERYWHERE  SPIT HURTS  SHARP TAILS   STABBING DOES NOT KILL  BURN  KEEP FIRE OUTSIDE AT NIGHT  IF THEY DO NOT STOP I WILL
GO MAD  THE HOLES ARE GETTING BIGGER  I CANNOT REMEMBER ANY MORE  I MUST REMEMBER  2021  BOOM GOES 41 AGAIN  O5 DO NOTHING  FOUNDATION FOUNDED ██/██/████ BUT ALSO
██/██/████  REMEMBER

During routine examination of the area surrounding SCP-4020-A, GPERs2 registered an unusual object approximately eighteen metres beneath a segment of the cave system. It displayed an extremely faint heat signature and was found to produce weak, irregular vibrations.

SCP-4000-A.jpg

The discovery site of SCP-4020-A
and SCP-4020

A subsequent excavation of the area unearthed the body of an extremely pale humanoid, now designated SCP-4020. Its legs and lower torso were pinned down by a number of extremely large rocks while the rest of its body had been buried under smaller rock fragments and soil. Several of the rocks covering its lower body were found to have grooves in them consistent with SCP-4020’s finger nails. It is theorised that after its lower body became incapacitated SCP-4020 was gradually subsumed by earth and debris washed into the cave by rain water. Dating of the material surrounding it has not been conclusive, but appears consistent with the age of SCP-4020-A.

As soon as its mouth was uncovered, SCP-4020 began to scream. Upon its extraction it immediately endeavoured to escape and struck out at the agents holding it. Despite its situation, its muscle appeared not to have atrophied. An agent attempted to administer a sedative via syringe but was unable to insert the needle into SCP-4020’s skin. An oral sedative was then forcibly administered but did nothing to alter its behaviour, and was quickly vomited up along with a small amount of stomach acid. SCP-4020 was ultimately tied up for transportation.

The discovery site of SCP-4020-A and SCP-4020 appear largely unknown and unfrequented, and the cave system is only viably accessible by rope. Standard procedures have been undertaken to keep the area secure. Exploration is ongoing.


Investigation: In accordance with the PROGNOSIS Protocol3 the O5 Council were alerted to the discovery of SCP-4020 and SCP-4020-A. By a vote of nine to two, two abstaining, it was decided that Dr. Lecroy should not be informed about the nature of SCP-4020 and that appropriate safeguards should be undertaken to prevent anyone who might recognise Dr. Lecroy from interacting with SCP-4020. Due to the minimal data provided by SCP-4020-A and the unlikelihood of rehabilitating SCP-4020’s mind, further investigations were designated Priority-4 and placed under the purview of Senior Researcher ██████████.

Two researchers stationed at Site-41, Dr. Norton and Dr. Pale, were approached with regard to monitoring Dr. Lecroy. Dr. Norton was selected due to his similar age and field of specialisation and Dr. Pale due to his comparative seniority. Both agreed to befriend Dr. Lecroy and report regularly on his activities. Neither have been informed of the purpose of this observation.

Dr. Lecroy’s personal and office phone have been bugged and his emails are being monitored.


Addendum 1: Discovery of SCP-4020-B: Nine days after the discovery of SCP-4020-A a second piece of writing painted with an identical substance was found in a distant part of the same cave system. As with the site of SCP-4020’s recovery, the area had been filled with earth and rock fragments.

Rather than a single block of text, multiple sentences and sentence fragments, collectively designated SCP-4020-B, were spread across the cave walls at irregular angles. A transcript is given below in no particular order. Due to age-related degradation of the rock upon which SCP-4020-B is painted, a considerable amount of the text has been obscured.

  • DON’T FORGET TH
  • EVERYONE LI
  • ORANGE RAYS REFRESH          TANGY
  • ON THE THIR     TH DAY OF CHRIS  
  • SEEDS OF           GAME F
  • SUN STOL
  • 5 WEEKS 5 DAYS BUT IT DID
  • GAVE
  • 41 LEAKS      THEY ARE ALL GOING TO SUFFER
  • WE ARE A MISTAKE
  • HOW MANY 41s?
  • G    T DAT
  • JOHN + ALICE                        SOR Y
  • NICK NORTON + M       KESAT ARE NI
  • [DATA EXPUNGED] IS A      BAD MAN
  • [DATA EXPUNGED] IS DEAD THEN GOOD!
  • ALL    E FAULT OF THE FOUND   O
  • THEY KNOW AND DO NOTHING
  • [DATA EXPUNGED]
  • DOES NOT WORK THE WAY T      INK IT DOES
  • [DATA EXPUNGED] WILL FAIL
  • WE SHOULD N T BE
  • EAR THE END OF            DATION
  • THREAT TO T      INSTITUT  IS TOO HIGH
  • TELL THEM      FOUNDATION MUST GIVE UP
  • WE ARE WRONG
  • [DATA EXPUNGED]

Following the discovery of SCP-4020-B security clearance to interact with SCP-4020 has been increased to Level 3. Security clearance to know the nature of SCP-4020 has been increased to 4/4020 due to the sensitivity of the information it may be able to convey. As a result, the staff members who discovered SCP-4020-A and SCP-4020-B have now been amnesticized.

The importance of restoring SCP-4020’s mind has been upgraded to Priority-1.
Easter Egg
Dr. Sale’s request to attempt music therapy has been approved.
Dr. McKinley’s request to test whether SCP-4020 can relearn to digest foodstuffs has been approved.
Dr. Palomi’s request to rehouse SCP-4020 in surroundings familiar to SCP-4020-0 has been approved.

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License