SCP-4099
rating: +163+x

Item #: SCP-4099

Object Class: Safe

Special Containment Procedures: SCP-4099 is contained in a locked carrying case in a standard secure Safe-Class locker in Site-76. The interior of SCP-4099's locker is outfitted with a laser light security alarm system to prevent theft or unauthorized testing of SCP-4099. Under no circumstance is SCP-4099 to be brought out of its vault.

All testing with SCP-4099 is forbidden.

Description: SCP-4099 is a small, worn-out notepad previously owned by Junior Researcher ████ Barnes. SCP-4099's pages are filled with illegible writing and crude drawings of people and objects.

Knowledge of SCP-4099's pages carry a memetic component that, when read, causes living beings to enter a state of panic or distress, often citing that they are incapable of calming themselves when exposed to SCP-4099. Individuals in this state have been shown to have a much higher increase in serotonin, adrenaline, and norepinephrine. SCP-4099's effect can be transferred to other Individuals via an auditory memetic component- hearing a test subject's vocalizations of distress will induce the same feelings of panic and distress as in the subject.

Recovery Log: SCP-4099 was discovered in Junior Researcher Barnes' office. Barnes was found dead in her office, hanging from the ceiling lamp by a noose made entirely out of neckties. During SCP-4099's acquisition, five staff members (three containment specialists, and two senior agents), became distressed after looking at SCP-4099 with its cover open. An emergency response unit was sent to isolate the remaining infected, dispose of Barnes' body, and contain SCP-4099 in a more careful manner.


Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License