SCP-4407
rating: +53+x

As prescribed by the Third of Five, this document is to be consecrated via use of an excerpt from the Book of Mikhail, Void III.

On the deigh of the end and the beginning, Mikhail beheld the mushrooms that had devoured the Earth as promised, and - looking skywards in fury - asked Y why he had allowed such a thing to pass.
"All the folk of the Earth did right by your name, and all the folk of Earth did worship your name. So why has this thing happened?"
And through the chattering of the insects, and through the whistling of the wind through the stones, Y did reply - and Mikhail's doubt did flow freely out his ears as wax.

Through transcription of this excerpt, this document is protected.
No mindhunters may wield it as their dagger.
No wordwalkers may sail it as their ark.

In order to finalize this protection, further excerpts from texts of sufficient divinity are to be strategically placed throughout this document.

Secure the heart. Contain the sin. Protect the soul.


Item #: SCP-4407

Heathen Level: Misguided

Holding Measures: SCP-4407 is to be held within a sealed marble chamber surrounded by at least three circles of sodate, which are to be replenished by attending novices deighly upon first light. The chamber itself is to have the entirety of the Tale of the Bear-Whom-Desired-Manhood1 engraved on its outer surface as an additional warding measure to lower ambient levels of demonic radiation. All novices and guards working directly with SCP-4407 are to be suited in sealed pseudo-iron armour in order to provide protection in the event of a holding breach.

All individuals working to hold SCP-4407 are to be intimately familiar with the Laws of the Blushing Moon, and are to abide by them without fail.

Each Tuesdeigh, High Priest Veto is to enter the holding chamber in order to proceed with the process of salvaging SCP-4407's human soul and turning it back to a righteous path. Before High Priest Veto may enter the chamber, the following preparations must be taken:

  • High Priest Veto is to be clad in a robe of high silk.
  • High Priest Veto is to be doused in the perfume of the nasarate flower2.
  • High Priest Veto is to recite the Chant of Oppen3 three times, once for each of the sodate circles surrounding the holding chamber.
  • High Priest Veto is to bind his fingers together in order to ensure he does not perform any gestures that could trigger demonic emergence.

In the event of a complete holding breach, High Priest Veto has been provided with six words from the Chant of None which - when properly recited - is capable of completely smiting the area SCP-4407 is held in. In accordance with the Finder's Right, the Third of Five is to be kept updated on all progress regarding SCP-4407, as well as any difficulties that arise from holding it.


SANDRASON: BUT IF I DO NOT DRINK, FIRST OF ALL THINGS AND ALL MATTER … I WILL DIE! WHO THEN SHALL SPREAD YOUR GLORIOUS WORD !

Y RUMBLES ANGRILY !

SANDRASON: (HAVING ALL HIS TONSILS AND OTHER ORGANS EXTRACTED) OOF OOF OWIE ! AIEEE ! WHY HAVE YOU DONE THIS TO ME, FIRST OF ALL THINGS AND ALL MATTER !

Y WHISTLES, CALMLY EXPLAINING THE SITUATION !

SANDRASON: AH … I SEE ! ALL MY ORGANS WERE MAKING ME CONCENTRATE ON THE HUNGER AND THIRST OF THE BODY … RATHER THAN THE HUNGER AND THIRST OF MY SOUL AND THE SIN THAT CLAWS AT MY SHOULDERS !

Book of SANDRASON, Eroticism IV


Description: SCP-4407 is a young man of heathen descent who has been raised into a demonic vessel by his adoptive father4. This is believed to have been done for the purpose of enforcing morality as specified in the Laws of the Blushing Moon (no longer enforced throughout Conclave territory due to the impractical nature of enforcing them).

Specifically, SCP-4407 is inhabited by the Punishing Demon, TelaV, which remains in an inactive state until SCP-4407 witnesses a breach of the Laws.

Once one of the Laws is broken, TelaV (referred to from this point forwards as SCP-4407-1) will activate - marked by a severe increase in the amount of demonic radiation SCP-4407 exudes - and emerge from its host's body as a mass of red smoke in which faint impressions of skulls, spinal cords and claws are visible. Following activation, SCP-4407-1 will proceed towards the individual who broke the Law, invade their body through any available orifices, and execute them by means of thousands of small lacerations, effectively tearing them apart from the inside out. SCP-4407-1 will then proceed back towards SCP-4407 and re-inhabit it.

Note that the Punishing Demon TelaV is only mentioned once in the Book of Mikhail and - due to its linguistic resemblance with the Punished Demon TolaV - is now believed to be a mistranslation and considered non-canonical. Due to this, the current hypothesis of High Priest Veto is that SCP-4407-1 is a false demon formed from the human belief of SCP-4407's adoptive father, rather than a genuine demonic entity created by Y as a trial for mankind.


The Eudruvian Parrot is the only known avian species that possesses opposable thumbs in the same manner as humanity. It is also believed to be the only animal apart from humans capable of accessing the afterlife after death. This belief is corroborated by frequent mentions of 'white-winged companions' and 'succulent flying beasts' during Mikhail's initial explorations of the House of Y, as well as King Bartholomew's subsequent attempted invasion and resultant decapitation loop.

Mentions of 'doves' in pre-Mikhail texts are also now believed to refer to this curious and most holy species of bird. What a wonder this world is!

Book of Wistclaw, Pondering XCIX


Discovery: SCP-4407 is believed to have been created two years prior to its capture by the Conclave, when SCP-4407-1 executed all residents of the hedonist community of "Orgasm Town", beneath which it had been raised by its adoptive father. While laudable, this purification was undertaken without sufficient permission by the Conclave and via the use of heathen techniques, resulting in it being classified as incompatible with the current doctrine of the faith.

During this initial period, SCP-4407-1 remained in a constantly active state due to insufficient sealing by its summoner, attacking and executing any individuals who approached the area.

While returning from the front lines of the conflict against the cicada-worshipers, the Third of Five crossed through the ruins of "Orgasm Town" and, upon sensing the demonic presence within it, did do battle against SCP-4407-1 for three deighs and three nights. When the sun rose on the fourth deigh, the Third of Five had successfully resealed SCP-4407-15 .

SCP-4407 was then passed into the care of the Conclave, who were charged with saving its soul and expelling SCP-4407-1. Thus far, all extant exorcism techniques have proven ineffective.


"I will be the Fifth of Five," said the black-haired thief. "For though I did fight and walk between the words of the world, cowardice stayed my hand too long."

"I will be the Fourth of Five," said the white-haired fisherman. "For though I did pluck the heresy from the beast's heart, my cowardice was much the same."

"I will be the Third of Five," said the hairless warrior. "For though my sword is that which cut the sky bled blue, my mind is not one to make such choices."

"I will be the Second of Five," said the blonde-haired smilerman6, grey eyes lively. "For it is my rightful place!"

"And I, the First of Five, the one that decides the shape of the world," said the red-haired child, and though he smiled he would give no reason for his pleasure.

Book of Herfordshire7, Conclave I


Salvation Log 4407-93:

The following is a log of one of High Priest Veto's attempts to exorcise SCP-4407-1 from SCP-4407 and salvage what remains of its immortal soul. Transcription was performed by Novice Mitre8.

<Begin Log>

High Priest Veto: Your eyes are closed?

SCP-4407: Yes, sir.

High Priest Veto: Good, very good. And what do you see?

SCP-4407: Um … ah … the inside of my eyelids, sir?

(High Priest Veto strikes SCP-4407's knuckles with his cane.)

High Priest Veto: No! Incorrect! Unseemly!

SCP-4407: Ah, I'm sorry! Apologies, apologies! What do I see, sir?

High Priest Veto: You see the colour of blood, don't you? The colour of that which lurks in your heart and your lungs, the demon that strikes down the unruly stars? Is that not it, boy?

(Pause.)

SCP-4407: Um, I suppose that could be it, sir … it is sort of … red?

High Priest Veto: Fantastic, fantastic, wonderful even and all. Now - I must speak to you of your crime the other deigh. Atrocious.

(SCP-4407 sits up.)

SCP-4407: Yes, yes, I know sir that it was a no-good thing to do, but you really have to understand that they really did break the Law, they really did, so it wasn't up to me! Promise!

High Priest Veto: And how did they break this Law of yours?

SCP-4407: Well, it's not my law, sir, it's the red man's, but - but what they did is, when they was bringing me my food, they was passing it to each other and they … and they …

(Pause.)

High Priest Veto: Go on.

SCP-4407: Do I … have to say it?

High Priest Veto: Yes, yes.

(Pause.)

SCP-4407: (blushing) They … touched their hands … um, together …

High Priest Veto: That was sufficient to execute them?

SCP-4407: Well, as I said so sir, that's not up to me, but I would still say so, yes. That's the Law - and I know you told me that's not so important, but my poor old dad lived by it, and he always said those who didn't would get what was coming to them one deigh - and, well, he was right about that, weren't he? (laughs nervously) Apologies, apologies.

High Priest Veto: And you feel no … guilt or any - anything of that nature at all for what you did?

(Pause.)

SCP-4407: Well, it were the red man who did it, but I reckon I would've done it too. So, ah, no, not really.

High Priest Veto: (sighs) I see.

SCP-4407: Between you and me, sir, I don't think those two was even planning to have sex at all. Just holding hands for the sake of it. Disgusting.

<End Log>


On the deigh of the beginning and the end, Mikhail lay bleeding on the hill of the Last Word, and as he looked for the beast that had torn at him, he saw a dread little creature dead in the grass beside him.
"What is this companion, that it has come to die by my side?" he said.
And Y did reply through the battering of the rain and the brushing of the grass, and Mikhail came to understand that it was his own sin he had slain, and that he had at last become a true human being.
And, turning from the five who had slain that which had slain him, Mikhail floated into the clouds and returned to Y. His mother and his father, his torturer and confidant, his predator and prey, until the stars burn out.
And all was well.

Book of Mikhail, Five I

And so, the consecration is complete. This document is now a sealed fortress, as is the afterlife promised by Y a fortress against all suffering, an island in the ocean of malevolence.

None shall batter its walls. None shall slip through its cracks. None shall whisper through its windows.

Secure the heart. Contain the sin. Protect the soul.

Until the stars burn out.

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License