SCP-4631
rating: +96+x
Item#: 4631
Level3
Containment Class:
euclid
Secondary Class:
none
Disruption Class:
keneq
Risk Class:
notice

flexity_streetcar.jpg

SCP-4631 in service.

Special Containment Procedures: As SCP-4631 cannot be physically contained, and as its anomalous properties are not outwardly visible, SCP-4631 is allowed to operate publicly. Amnestics are to be administered in the event that any civilians notice anomalous phenomena. The Site-201 Containment Oversight Team is in continued contact with the Toronto Transit Commission to ensure that other streetcars do not interrupt SCP-4631's operation.

Monitoring equipment has been installed into SCP-4631, and once a month a containment researcher is to interview SCP-4631-A. Cover stories regarding an anonymous philanthropist have been disseminated to explain the manifestation of money obtained by SCP-4631. In the event that the anomaly develops hazardous behavior, Mobile Task Force Upsilon-20 ("Hogtown Garrison")1 agents trained in applied demonology are to be deployed for recontainment purposes.

Ritual invocations to contact the employers of SCP-4631 are still under development.

Description: SCP-4631 is a Flexity Outlook streetcar operated by a Type I Tartarean Entity (SCP-4631-A), serving on the Spadina streetcar line in Toronto, Ontario, Canada. The vehicle's exterior and its interior cabins are normal in make, though deviations from standard Flexity streetcars exist in its internal mechanisms. This includes:

  • Structures composed of human bone tissue replacing internal machinery. These are not outwardly noticeable, as they are covered in the thin layers of plastic and metal found in standard Flexity Outlook streetcars.
  • Alchemical symbols carved into the insides of various devices.
  • A machine constructed from sulfur compounds, which continually pumps human blood through the vehicle to generate electricity.2
  • A small wormhole that manifests in the fare vending machine, transporting 10% of deposited physical money to homeless persons and charity groups within the city limits every 12 hours.

SCP-4631-A is capable of changing their appearance, typically assuming the appearance of a different Toronto streetcar operator each day. Researchers have witnessed SCP-4631-A changing to non-human shapes at times when no passengers are on SCP-4631. This is not visible from outside of the streetcar; SCP-4631-A is seen to vanish until regaining a human form.

A plaque with the following text is on the underside of SCP-4631

Provided by the TORONTO DEMON COUNCIL
Aiding the denizens of above with the best of below.
Est. 1950

Addendum.4631.1: Discovery

SCP-4631 was discovered on 29/08/2010, when the Toronto Police Service received multiple phone calls describing a streetcar emerging in a flash of red light. MTF Upsilon-20 was sent and quickly contained SCP-4631, storing SCP-4631-A in a demonics-sealed chamber. After all witnessing subjects were amnesticized the vehicle was transported to Site-201.

At 02:00 on 30/8/2010, SCP-4631 and SCP-4631-A were surrounded by a red mist and vanished. SCP-4631 was then observed ejecting out of Lake Ontario by MTF Nu-3 ("Limnophobia"), reaching a height of 570m before accelerating into the city. Personnel observed it operating as a normal streetcar the subsequent day. Current containment procedures were developed in response.

SCP-4631-A is presumed to have been first encountered three years prior in EE-5092. On 05/04/2007, bystanders at the St. George subway station reportedly saw a series of flashing lights at the end of a subway tunnel. A minute later a train exited the tunnel at high velocity, derailing and crashing into the subway platform. First responders investigating the train interior discovered numerous dismembered cadavers with body malformations, machines resembling medieval torture devices, spatial anomalies, and train cars entirely filled with blood.

Several minutes after the crash, multiple people witnessed a male subject staggering away from the train, with a longsword piercing their chest. When medical personnel arrived the subject was surrounded in a red mist, vanishing soon after. Refer to File EE-5092 for further information.

SCP-4631-A has refused to answer questions regarding EE-5092.

Addendum.4631.2: Incident 4631/AN/01

On 05/04/2011 at 22:12, a Type I Tartarean Entity (hereafter SCP-4631-B) in the guise of a civilian boarded SCP-4631. Researcher Annabel Xiulan, who had boarded the streetcar at this time for a routine interview session with SCP-4631-A, observed SCP-4631-B approach the streetcar's cabin, convert their jaw into a set of muscular hydrostats, and tear open the cabin entrance.

Below is footage recorded by Researcher Xiulan's standard-issue body camera.

From 05/04/2011 to 09/04/2011 SCP-4631 did not manifest. The only activity reported during this time was at the grave sites of persons who died during EE-5092, with an injured humanoid figure sitting by the respective headstones. The anomaly returned to service on 10/04/2011. SCP-4631-A was noted to be wearing bandages and an arm cast for the following three weeks, signed with messages of well-wishing from Tartarean entities of known Toronto Demon Council association.

Since then, monitoring devices placed inside of SCP-4631's fare vending machine have observed that, instead of 10% of all deposited money being transported to homeless persons and charity groups, the figure has risen to 90%.

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License