"Sphere" Incursion Log
rating: +50+x

Transcript generated by TSATPWTCOTTTADC.aic

Researcher Dylan: Testing, testing. Good, recorder's up. I'm making sure, this time. It's been, uh, a few days since the last recording. I'm back in the hallway again, with the doors.

<Pause.>

Researcher Dylan: There was an… issue, in getting inside of here, per se. Um, they had the cabinet door padlocked. Padlocked shut. I managed to force it open with a bolt cutter, but I think they know I've been coming in here.

<Pause.>

I'm gonna try the door with the blob on it, now. Seems like the oddest out of the bunch.

<Grunts from Researcher Dylan as he pushes against the door.>

Researcher Dylan: Damn, won't budge. It's not like it's locked, it's like there's something behind it blocking me. <Pause.> Circle door it is, then.

<Creaking from door opening.>

Researcher Dylan: The door lead to an observation room. The windows are sealed with blast doors, as well as the door. There's a control panel in front of the windows, but it's covered with the green shit from earlier.

<Footsteps as Researcher Dylan approaches the windows.>

Researcher Dylan: There's a slit in the blast doors, I think I can see through it. <Pause.> On the other side, I see… trees. Trees and the silly string. I think this is a terrarium. And… shit, it's the lizard-monster from earlier. Actually, two of them. They're just walking around, I don't think they see me.

<More footsteps on the metal floor.>

Researcher Dylan: I'm looking through the door-slit now. It's a long hallway, filled with webs of the green string. I see some skeletons in… riot gear? I think I see the Foundation Shield on some of the doors. This might be a Foundation facility. The Foundation exists in whatever this fucked-up world is.

<Pause.>

I'm looking around for blast door controls, but I don't see any— wait, there's a terminal in the corner. Looks dusty, hasn't been turned on in a while. Let's see if I can turn it on.

<Computer fan activating, followed by bootup sounds for OSCP.>

Researcher Dylan: There we go. Needs a login. I wonder if…

<OSCP voiceover saying "Login Successful.">

Researcher Dylan: My credentials worked. Credentials from a few months or so back, but still valid credentials, at least for this system. Does that mean I'm around in this parallel universe?

<Pause.>

Hold on, I'm getting some error popups. "Error: File corruption detected, Foundation intranet unreachable, please contact 545…" It looks like everything here's corrupted, except for a few files. TSAT, do you think you can store them in the recorder?

TSATPWTCOTTTADC.aic: ✅ Affirmative. ✅

Researcher Dylan: Good, let me just hook you up…

<Silence as Researcher Dylan uses a USB cable to attach the recorder to the computer.>

TSATPWTCOTTTADC.aic: 🔎 Indexing non-corrupt files…

<Suddenly, a siren begins to sound, in addition to whirring from motors.>

Researcher Dylan: <Yelling.> The blast doors are going up. TSAT, did you do anything?

TSATPWTCOTTTADC.aic: 🔌 File transfer 7% complete.

<Scream-like roar from the terrarium, similar to that of the roar from the creature from the initial exploration.>

Researcher Dylan: Can you go any faster, TSAT?

TSATPWTCOTTTADC.aic: 🔌 File transfer 29% complete.

<Sounds of something impacting metal, like a creature trying to ascend a wall.>

Researcher Dylan: I think they're coming, TSAT! Go faster!

TSATPWTCOTTTADC.aic: 🔌 File transfer 35% complete.

<Sound of shattering glass, followed by the sounds of a creature walking.>

Researcher Dylan: TSAT!

TSATPWTCOTTTADC.aic: 🔌 File transfer 44% complete.

<Researcher Dylan disconnects the recorder from the terminal and flees through the circle door. A scream from the creature sounds. After the door is closed, the siren can still be heard.>

Researcher Dylan: God damn.

Attached Files -

recovered-doc-1.docx:

Item #: SCP-001 (formerly SC[DATA CORRUPTED]ignation Protocol-001)

Object Class: Keter

Special Containment Procedures: SCP-001 is currently uncontained. Liaisons have been made with Greenroot Inc. to develop a cure for SCP-001. MTF Units Nu-7, Tau-5, and[DATA CORRUPTED]

[DATA CORRUPTED]

[DATA CORRUPTED]loyment of carcinogenic agents in SCP-001-A-infested areas currently requires approval of the Ethics Committee.

Description: SCP-001 is a viral pathogen similar to that of common Orthomyxoviruses (influenza viruses). Following infection, SCP-001 targets the brain, muscle systems, hormonal s[DATA CORRUPTED]

[DATA CORRUPTED]endum 001.5: Testing Log

Test Log ID: 01

Subject: D-5412; Caucasian human, male

Results: Subject complains of headache and reddening vision. Subject then undergoes transformation into SCP-001-A and break[DATA CORRUPTED]

recovered-doc-2.mp3

Transcript generated by TSATPWTCOTTTADC.aic

To whoever this may concern,

If you've managed to find this file, on whatever computer it may be on, run. Run as fast as you can, run as far as you can, and hide yourself. Hide yourself so good that nothing or anybody will ever be able to find you.

My name, if you're wondering… eh, well, never mind, that's not really that important. Let's just say I was once a researcher with the Foundation before everything collapsed. I firmly believe that this is the end of humanity. I haven't been able to contact anyone else. I've trapped myself on this operation deck, which, as far as I know, is the only place where the blast doors still work in this facility.

This all started around January, 2018. I remember seeing reports of a new disease in Africa. Like everyone else, I thought it was just going to be the next Ebola, it would spread for a while, then it would go away. But then I heard about it in America. And again, I had other things to care about rather than a few sick people, so I let it slide.

But then, the first transformation happened and it was around July, I think, that SCP-001, I mean, the disease, had been going around New York, before we had the vaccine. Then some guy started screaming in the middle of Times Square, shed his skin, and, well, the rest is history.

The whole incident became a news story really quick, and it pretty much shattered the Veil. We had reports of SCP-001-A's in Russia, Australia, and Brazil— places we hadn't even thought the disease had spread to. Within a month, we had to openly ally with Greenroot, the medical corporation, to make a vaccine. Even then, there were already at least two million SCP-001-A's on the loose, with twice that many on the way.

And, yeah, that may sound bad, but give us some credit because for a while we actually had things under control. We quarantined the -A's in Czech and Utah. But then, the AICs broke. Something happened at all the sites when all the A.I.'s started acting weird; they opened cell doors, deleted reports. I even heard that at Site-19 a warhead went off without reason.

The 001-A's changed, too. By the time we sent a patrol back to Utah to check on things, they had giant green webs and silk all over the place. They waited on them like spiders, at least that's the best analogy for it. They started slowly but steadily expanding, across the continent, and now, the world.

There was one final breach, after the team had reached Site-17, but it was already over, by then. The blast doors should hold for a decent amount of time, at least, before the -A's get in. I don't have a lot of resources or food in here though, so it could be the end for me.

<Pause.>

You know what, it may seem crazy, but I just noticed something. There's a door now, with a red circle on it, and it wasn't in this room before, but now it is now. It's humming a bit, and I hear voices behind it. They're yelling at me. I'll check it out.

Note: The system has detected that you hold Level 5/RAISA credentials. This file is linked to a classified incident report.

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License