SCP-4960
rating: +660+x
SCP-4XXX

A digital reconstruction of a relief plaque believed to depict SCP-4960.

Item #: SCP-4960

Object Class: Euclid

Special Containment Procedures: SCP-4960 is housed in a Class-A suite at Site-17. Due to a history of cooperation with the Foundation, SCP-4960 has been granted Level 2 Privileges, although contact with non-cleared personnel is forbidden.

In order to maintain the efficacy of Procedure 166-Anahita, the Foundation has commissioned several artists (including an animation studio) to produce graven images1 for Procedure 166-Anahita. As the continued efficacy of Procedure 166-Anahita requires a constant influx of new graven images, a special account has been established to fund these works through several sockpuppet accounts on multiple popular e-commerce and art gallery websites. This account is refreshed every two weeks by the fiscal calendar. Contact ████ █████████ in the Financial Services department if additional funds become necessary.

Description: SCP-4960 is a physical manifestation of Kedesh-Nanaya, a Bronze Age sex and fertility goddess of beauty, carnal pleasure, and erotic femininity. SCP-4960 manifests as a buxom woman of average height and curvaceous build, with ample breasts, firm buttocks, and shapely legs. Her skin tone is coppery and without blemish, save for a small beauty mark on her upper lip. Her sleek, black hair falls to below her hips, and shimmers blue-black like a raven's wing. SCP-4960 generally prefers to go nude in her chambers, although she is fond of wearing finely wrought gold jewelry and diaphanous robes cut to emphasize her voluptuous figure.2

SCP-4960 gains sustenance from the act of worship described in Document 166-Anahita (designated Procedure 166-Anahita). The number of daily acts of worship required to maintain SCP-4960's current level of wakefulness varies based on the devotion of the worshipper and quality of the act of worship. Should the number of daily acts of worship fall under a critical threshold for a prolonged period of time, SCP-4960 will fall into a torpor state until the completion of a sufficient number of acts of worship.

As SCP-4960 has provided (and continues to provide) vital insights into ancient Bronze Age cultures, languages, and occult practices that have proven vital to the operation of the Foundation, her continued wakefulness is considered important to Foundation operations. All reasonable efforts are to be made to provide her with the sustenance she requires, up to and including the performance of Procedure 166-Anahita by Foundation personnel.


Addendum 1 - Circumstances of Retrieval: Site SC-93 was initially discovered in 1917 during the Hijazi uprising against the Turkish occupation in what is now modern-day Syria. Following the end of World War I and the subsequent establishment of French control over the region in 1920, an expedition was funded by the English philanthropist Lord J. P. Marshall to explore the dig site and catalog the artifacts contained within. British archaeologist F. William Abernathy was chosen as the expedition leader.

Chamber SC-9-F was discovered in September of 1921, after a local man hired as water-carrier stumbled upon a stone step leading downwards towards a hidden chamber, concealed under debris and rock chips. Excavation of the staircase revealed a doorway leading to a downwards-sloping corridor that had been blocked with soil, sandstone fragments, and other debris. Excavation of this corridor revealed a second door leading to Chamber SC-9-F.

SCP-4960 was discovered in Chamber SC-9-F in a torpor state, surrounded by graven images and other artifacts. The majority of the artifacts found within SCP-4960's shrine were recovered, catalogued, and transferred to secure custody for assessment and translation, although some were lost due to an attack by outside forces.4 Of these artifacts, the item designated Document-166 Anahita proved vital in understanding SCP-4960's sustenance requirements, resulting in the codification of Procedure 166-Anahita.

SCP-4960 was first awakened on ██-██-████, following the accidental performance of an act of worship as described in Procedure 166-Anahita. Initial communications proved difficult to establish, requiring the aid of several experts in Bronze Age Levantine languages to establish a shared linguistic affinity. As of ██-██-████, SCP-4960 is fluent in several languages, including modern Greek, Egyptian, Arabic, and Esperanto.


Addendum 2 - Document 166-Anahita: Document 166-Anahita is an erotic balbale5 written at some point during the 3rd millenium BC. Originally found inscribed on clay tablets in ancient Sumerian cuneiform, the document describes an act of worship called "Awakening the Goddess," which was the primary act of worship among devotees of Kedesh-Nanaya. A translation of this document is reproduced below.

O, Kedesh-Nanaya, worthy daughter of An6, unsurpassed in ladyship, from whose lips flow forth honey and wine:

Worthy are you to be worshipped, you who rest your thighs upon a throne of amber.7
Worthy are you to be worshipped, you who clad yourself in twilight and mist.
Worthy are you to be worshipped, you who decorate yourself in ornaments of gold.
Worthy are you to be worshipped, you whose lips separate like rose petals.

Let me come into your presence to worship your womanly thighs.
Let me come into your presence to seek comfort between your breasts.
Let me come into your presence to drink sweet wine from your navel.
Let me come into your presence to press my lips against your feet.

I kneel before your image, and my eyes see your nakedness.
I kneel before your image, and your breasts make my belly awaken.
I kneel before your image, and your hips are particularly pleasing.
I kneel before your image, and your thighs enflame my lusts.

O, Kedesh-Nanaya, worthy daughter of An, unsurpassed in ladyship, from whose lips flow forth honey and wine:

You come to me with bread and wine in the hours before dawn,
You come to me as the world sleeps, though I lie awake.
You come to me with milk and honey as I beseech you to draw near.
You come to me, and your patient smile calms my sorrowing heart.

As the digger digs his trenches, let me dig your canals.
As the farmer ploughs his furrows, let me plough your fields.
As the water wets the earth, let me wet your furrows.
As beloved dine on milk and wine, let us sup together in your name.

I kneel before your image, and my hand becomes your womanhood.8
I kneel before your image, and your warmth consumes my warmth.
I kneel before your image, and you coax me to come forth.
I will never grace a wife or lover: my milk9 is yours alone.

O, Kedesh-Nanaya, worthy daughter of An, unsurpassed in ladyship, from whose lips flow forth honey and wine:

You who grasp in your hand the naked sword and the tapered axe.10
You who grasp in your hands the snake and the lotus.11
You who shine brightly as the lovely morning star.12
Come to me, unworthy as I am, and let your lips meet mine.


Addendum 3 - Authorization of Expansion of Procedure 166-Anahita, Dated ██-██-████: Due to the lack of personnel available to perform Procedure 166-Anahita and the loss of efficacy of previous methods of recruiting worshippers, the following course of action has been approved by the Overseer Council:

  • The creation of new images of SCP-4960.
  • Distribution of these images through electronic means, focusing on internet art galleries and anonymous imageboards.

Additional Note: The above-mentioned actions have resulted in a significant number of anonymous acts of worship as described in Procedure 166-Anahita. Although insufficient to maintain full wakefulness, the establishment of this course of action has reduced the burden on Foundation personnel by nearly 15%.


Addendum 4 - Further Developments in Procedure 166-Anahita, Dated ██-██-████: Graven images of SCP-4960 have proven unusually popular in the internet art galleries and anonymous imageboards mentioned in Addendum 3. In addition, several non-Foundation associated artists have created their own personal graven images of SCP-4960, which has resulted in a marked increase in SCP-4960's wakefulness. With SCP-4960's cooperation, the Foundation has authorized the creation of a work of interactive fiction to increase awareness of SCP-4960's graven images.

Additional Note: Thanks to the above-mentioned actions, compulsory participation by Foundation personnel in Procedure 166-Anahita has been reduced by 75%.


Addendum 5 - Continued Expansion of Procedure 166-Anahita, Dated ██-██-████: The Foundation front account established in Addendum 3 was approached by an animation firm located in ████████████, ██████, which expressed interest in the creation of a series of animated films inspired by SCP-4960. After consulting with SCP-4960, it was decided that the Foundation would pursue a partnership with said animation firm, provided that the security of the Foundation's front corporations could be maintained.

Additional Note: The above-mentioned actions have resulted in a drastic number of anonymous acts of worship as described in Procedure 166-Anahita, to a level sufficient to maintain the full wakefulness of SCP-4960. Compulsory participation by Foundation personnel in Procedure 166-Anahita is no longer required.


Addendum 6 - Note Regarding Demographics of Participants in Procedure 166-Anahita: A brief anonymous survey carried out on █████████████.com from ██-██-████ to ██-██-████ indicates the following:

  • The majority of participants in Procedure 166-Anahita are unmarried heterosexual males between the ages of 14 and 40.
  • A significant minority of participants are homosexual females. Most of this minority utilize Document 4960-Beta (OVA 2 - The Goddess and the Princess Locked in Lust!) for their act of worship.
  • The majority of participants in Procedure 166-Anahita report an initial surge in worship averaging one performance of Procedure 166-Anahita daily, tapering off after an average of seven days until their interest shifts.
  • Participation on Procedure 166-Anahita experiences a significant upsurge after the release of graven images featuring SCP-4960. However, due to the financial and scheduling difficulties experienced by the animation studio that produces said works, release of new animated episodes is limited to one or two annually.
  • A small but significant number of worshippers maintain a devoted dedication to SCP-4960, and participate in the creation of their own graven images and prose works exalting SCP-4960. SCP-4960 has established interest in making personal contact with several of these worshippers with the aim of creating a new priesthood dedicated to her service. At the moment, this request is denied.

Addendum 7 - Request Regarding Revision of Special Containment Procedures:

From: ████████████ █████, Hazardous Materials, Containment, and Logistics
To: Maria Jones, Records and Information Security Administration
Re: Revision of Special Containment Procedures of SCP-4960

Maria,

For the love of Bob, could someone please, PLEASE revise the fucking Special Containment Procedures for this one? I know that the whole "horny middle-aged author" tone was used back in the day when the Foundation had to recruit internally to feed the Goddess, but given that she feeds mostly off of teenagers jerking off to her on the Internet nowadays, do we REALLY need to have that sort of smut fucking up our PROFESSIONAL DATABASE?

Sincerely,
███

From: Maria Jones, Records and Information Security Administration
To: ████████████ █████, Hazardous Materials, Containment, and Logistics
Re: Revision of Special Containment Procedures of SCP-4960

███,

Believe me, I've asked O5 about this… oh… about once every two months or so for the last few years. Official word is that the Overseers want to maintain a small cadre of "in-house worshippers" should her popularity wane to the point where the internet no longer provides enough worshippers to keep her fed and awake.

If it bugs you enough, let me forward you a database extension that will redact the more objectionable parts of the Containment Procedures for you, so you can at least do your work without getting distracted.

Maria

From: ████████████ █████, Hazardous Materials, Containment, and Logistics
To: Maria Jones, Records and Information Security Administration
Re: Revision of Special Containment Procedures of SCP-4960

It won't help. I'll know it's still there.

Thanks for trying.

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License