SCP-4965
rating: +32+x
Item#: 4965
Level2
Containment Class:
euclid
Secondary Class:
none
Disruption Class:
keneq
Risk Class:
caution

QGknhdg.jpg

An instance of SCP-4965-1 discovered by Dymphna in Cancún, Mexico.


Special Containment Procedures: Outbreaks of SCP-4965 are detected using a pattern recognition AI, 'Dymphna', which has been distributed to most major world governments using Director Blackwood's connections in the Parlement de la Sécurité Internationale1. The Foundation has also updated the words and phrases it monitors in global news channels to include descriptions of SCP-4965's effects.

Upon discovery of an outbreak, the Foundation is to liaise with local governments to initiate protocol Whiskey-Hotel-Oscar, rendering the effected town quarantined under the premise of an anthrax outbreak. All residents are screened for SCP-4965's influence. Infected humans are designated as SCP-4965-1. All surrounding localities and transit sites are to be monitored for 72 hours post containment to minimise the risk of a breach.

537103907_cff96d9cbb_b.jpg
An aerial shot indicating site T-4965-11, concealed as a construction site in London, England.

With a single exception2 there have been no observed cases of SCP-4965 spreading outside of instanced outbreaks, during which between 10 and 50 people within a 2km radius are infected simultaneously. However, in light of this exception, Foundation personnel are no longer permitted direct contact with SCP-4965-1 without direct orders from Director Blackwood. Any D-class personnel making contact should typically wear Type-B HazMat suits, D-class who make direct contact without the use of a HazMat suit are to be contained or terminated post-testing.

Containment sites should provide relative comfort. Suggested dimensions for containment cells are 8m x 8m x 3m and all cells must be constructed and maintained adhering to level-2 biohazard containment protocols. Cells will typically contain various entertainment media negotiable based on the occupant’s requests. SCP-4965-1s who were previously involved romantically will typically be permitted to cohabit unless currently involved in research. All details are adjustable at the discretion of Foundation facilities management staff.


Zak3qMk.jpgurl.jpg
A still taken from a video feed of an SCP-4965-1 at site T-4965-██ frozen in an unusual position.

Description: SCP-4965 is a sentient, parasitic entity which typically infects a cluster of between 10 and 50 people in bursts, usually contained to a single city or town. Use of antibiotics, antivirals, antifungals, amnestics and all other attempted medical approaches have proven ineffective in removing SCP-4965's control over instances of SCP-4965-1.

The primary anomalous property of SCP-4965 is its ability to control human hosts provided they are not being visually observed by another being with a score higher than 0.2 on the Foundation’s Extended Intelligence Test (EIT)3. Observation through any non-direct means such as video cameras has no effect on SCP-4965.

The control SCP-4965 exerts over a host varies with time since infection. Initially, unobserved SCP-4965-1 instances simply remain static when unobserved. The dexterity of the instance of SCP-4965-1's movement then increases at a roughly linear rate over the course of approximately one month at which time the SCP-4965-1's movements will be indistinguishable from their typical movements, in some cases even displaying improved facility of movement.

SCP-4965 possesses a clear personality, though it has been observed to be extremely inconsistent over time. Since containment, the entity has demonstrated benevolence, cordiality, levity and often a seemed sense of gratification in the mockery of Foundation staff. It is theorised that the entity's personality is partially affected by the personalities of the SCP-4965-1s under its control.


Addendum:
Research into SCP-4965 has been approved by Director Blackwood and executed by Dr. Grierson et al at site T-4965-14. Results of Dr. Grierson's research, as well as relevant observations and supplementary documents, are logged in file SCP-4965-E, accessible to those with Level 2/4965 authorisation.


WARNING: THE FOLLOWING FILE IS LEVEL 2/4965 CLASSIFIED


ANY ATTEMPT TO ACCESS THIS FILE WITHOUT LEVEL 2/4965 AUTHORISATION WILL BE LOGGED AND WILL LEAD TO IMMEDIATE DISCIPLINARY ACTION.




SCiPNET LOGIN

name
affiliation

Login


Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License