SCP-5103

  • rating: +95+x

BY ORDER OF THE OVERSEER COUNCIL
The following file is Level 5/5103 Classified. Unauthorized access is forbidden.
5103
Item#: 5103
Level5
Containment Class:
keter
Secondary Class:
{$secondary-class}
Disruption Class:
vlam
Risk Class:
caution

arc.jpg

Interior structure of SCP-5103.

Special Containment Procedures: SCP-5103 is to be repaired as soon as possible. All necessary resources, including personnel, are to be covertly allocated to Area-27 at the discretion of the acting site director, currently Senior Researcher Robert Scranton, and the O5 Council.

Due to the immobile nature of SCP-5103-A, Area-27 has been constructed in the vicinity of SCP-5103-A. Non-Foundation entities are to be redirected, and if deemed necessary by acting security unit, terminated. Subsequent instances are preemptively designated SCP-5103-A2, SCP-5103-A3, etc.

SCP-5103-A itself is to be monitored at all times for growth. Protocol FTC-5103 is to be enacted immediately should SCP-5103-A approach critical mass, at the discretion of the acting Site Director and the O5 Council. An hourly pataphysical data backup of Area-27 for use during Protocol FTC-5103 is to be stored off-site, to be accessed only when Protocol FTC-5103 is enacted.

Description: SCP-5103 is an indiscernibly large machine, located in an extraspacial hyperreality currently only accessible through SCP-5103-A. SCP-5103 is critical to reality stabilization through an unknown process involving the extraction and emission of Scranton-Calden Reality Manifold (SCRM). However, SCP-5103’s efficiency has significantly decreased over the past decade, and currently runs at approximately 83% efficiency. Within 72 years, SCP-5103 will no longer be capable of sustaining a consistent reality manifold.

SCP-5103 is believed to have been constructed by humanoid entities, as evidenced by the internal components of SCP-5103. However, the scope of engineering and necessary resources required to construct SCP-5103 far exceed those of any known civilization. As of writing, only one subsystem has been successfully reproduced and only one subsystem has been activated. (See Addendum 5103-2).

SCP-5103-A is a Class-C “Broken Entry” wormhole that permeates hyperreality, providing direct access to SCP-5103. Currently, at least 7.6256 x 10^36 instances of SCP-5103-A exist in the known universe. As of writing, SCP-5103-A is the only instance that has been identified and contained.

Addendum 5103-1: Initial Exploration

Addendum 5103-2: Research Notes

Addendum 5103-3: Recovered Transmission

Junior Researcher Vera Calden was presently supervising during the initial exploration, and remained at Site Command for the entire duration of the exploration. Following mnestication, D-022122 continued to insist he has no recollection of any of these events.

Addendum 5103-4: Incident 712-5103 Documentation

On 12-6-2008, Junior Researcher Vera Calden attempted to access SCP-5103 without prior initiative during Phase 2 of Protocol FTC-5103.

Addendum 5103-5: Received Transmission

On 10-27-2009, Foundation personnel assigned to SCP-5103-A recovered a transmission, emanating from SCP-5103-A, on a secure Foundation channel. Subsequent decryption yielded the following file.

Why does reality exist?

For humanity. A cycle of self-generation, following the very rules it ordains. To lock the infinite behind a concrete mind. A machine was built. A machine built for humanity, by humanity, and given to humanity. A machine that would preserve their existence despite Nothing embracing those who returned home. Humanity created the division. Humanity drew the line between realistic and anomalous.

The spiral's axis is the line between existence and non-existence.

I KNOW WHAT I DID. WHEN I TURNED ON THAT MACHINE…I TRADED THE EXISTENCE OF OUR REALITY FOR THAT OF ANOTHER. BUT I WASN'T THE FIRST. NOW ANOTHER JUNIOR RESEARCHER VERA CALDEN WILL DO THE SAME, JUST AS ANOTHER JUNIOR RESEARCHER VERA CALDEN BEFORE ME. THERE ARE COUNTLESS VOICES, AND EVERY SINGLE ONE IS ME.

FROM THE MOMENT I WAS BORN…NO. FROM THE MOMENT THAT UNIVERSE WAS BORN, EVERYTHING WOULD BE DEFINED BY A CERTAIN SET OF RULES…RULES OF POSSIBILITY. CAUSALITY. LOGIC. ORDER. A MECHANICAL PRISON, WHERE HUMANITY'S ANTITHESIS DIES…THE UNKNOWABLE AND UNCONTROLLABLE, CONTAINING ITSELF FROM THE BLISSFULLY IGNORANT. IT PAINS ME, SO MUCH…SO MUCH TO SEE THEM CLUTCHING AT REALITY. COLLECTIVELY BINDING IT TO THEIR OWN LIMITATIONS, A FEW SECONDS DEMANDING TO RULE ETERNITY. AND ETERNITY IS EMPTY…THERE IS NO CONTEST.

THERE IS NO JUNIOR RESEACHER VERA CALDEN. JUNIOR RESEARCHER VERA CALDEN LIVES ON THE BREAKING WAVES CRASHING AGAINST THE SHORE OF ETERNITY…AN ILLUSION OF INTENTION, AN IMAGINARY REALITY. NOTHING, REALLY. NO. I AM NOT JUNIOR RESEARCHER VERA CALDEN.

I AM NOT JUNIOR RESEARCHER VERA CALDEN. I AM FORGOTTEN.

I AM LONELY.

I AM SCREAMING.

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License