SCP-5797
rating: +63+x

Item #: SCP-5797

Object Class: Euclid Neutralized

truck.jpg
Damaged vehicle within SCP-5797 following a Foundation-initiated OVERDRIVE event.

Special Containment Procedures: All roads within a six kilometer radius of Provisional Site-23 are to be monitored by Foundation personnel, and any vehicles susceptible to the effects of SCP-5797 are to be barred from entry. This is to be carried out under the pretense that the area is too geologically unstable.


Description: SCP-5797 is a ten acre lot (Provisional Site-23) occupied by the derelict Gas n’ Go Truck Stop and Café in rural Stevens County, Washington. At the time of Foundation discovery, there were twenty-one vehicles parked on the premises.

Cargo vehicles weighing in excess of two thousand kilograms1 travelling within a six kilometer radius of SCP-5797 will undergo an OVERDRIVE-Class anomalous event.

At the beginning of an OVERDRIVE event, operators of the affected vehicle will lose control over speed, steering, braking, and any other functions typically reliant on manual attention. In the seconds following the initiation of an OVERDRIVE event, human occupants will undergo involuntary flexion and muscle contractions, rendering them incapable of communication. The affected vehicle will then travel autonomously in the direction of SCP-5797.

Saponification2 of flesh and organs begins approximately two minutes into the OVERDRIVE event. This affects not only human occupants but any livestock that may constitute the vehicle’s cargo. By the time an affected vehicle has reached SCP-5797, all non-osseous organic matter within has broken down into a viscous protein slurry.

An OVERDRIVE event concludes when the affected vehicle has reached SCP-5797. Upon entering the lot, the vehicle will park itself in the nearest available space to its point of entry. All attempts to date at blocking a vehicle’s journey to SCP-5797 have failed; even with considerable damage, an impeded vehicle will persist in its efforts to reach the lot.

SCP-5797 first came to the attention of the Foundation on 2019/08/15. A spate of missing truck drivers in the Colville area led to local authorities discovering the associated vehicles on the SCP-5797 lot, along with biological remains. The truck stop had been closed for three decades prior to the first recorded OVERDRIVE event.




AS A RESULT OF THE INCIDENT ON 2019/08/19, THIS DOCUMENT HAS BEEN REVISED


THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION CONTAINS AN UPDATED OBJECT DESCRIPTION AND APPROPRIATE CONTAINMENT PROCEDURES FOR THE ENTITY BELIEVED TO HAVE CAUSED THE COLLAPSE OF PROVISIONAL SITE-23

Item #: SCP-5797

Object Class: Keter

hole.jpg
The clean-up operation following the destruction of Provisional Site-23 remains ongoing.

Special Containment Procedures: SCP-5797's length, and its anomalous properties, have made adequate containment procedures exceedingly difficult to implement. Research into a large-scale containment vessel that SCP-5797 cannot burrow through is ongoing.

SCP-5797 is to be monitored using probe and drone equipment. Foundation personnel embedded in the oil industry are to be on alert for damage or disturbances which may have been caused by SCP-5797. The Foundation will provide appropriate reimbursement and cover stories on a case-by-case basis.

Due to the fact that SCP-5797 inhabits an area of frequent tectonic activity, tremors caused by SCP-5797’s movements are to be blamed on seismic events.


Description: SCP-5797 is a biomechanical organism consisting of forty-seven segments, each comprised of a semi-truck or a similarly-sized cargo vehicle. Segments are connected by an intricate lattice of both metallic and organic matter, granting SCP-5797 a significant degree of articulation. The front segment, a 1990 Kenworth equipped with an industrial snowblower, has adapted in a manner which allows the organism to burrow through rock and hardened soil.

SCP-5797 is currently active beneath the Pacific Northwest of America; since its discovery beneath eastern Washington, the organism has been tracked as far south as Salem, Oregon and as far north as Vancouver, British Columbia. Travelling at an approximate depth of 1.6 kilometers and an average speed of thirty kilometers per hour, SCP-5797 approaches the surface only in the presence of pipelines (both off- and on-shore), rigs, and other sources of oil; it is believed that SCP-5797 relies on these for sustenance. The front unit of SCP-5797 doubles as a mandible, capable of piercing steel pipes, and is equipped with rubber tubing3 through which the ingestion of oil occurs.

SCP-5797 demonstrates an attraction only to man-made sources of oil.




Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License