SCP-5878
rating: +47+x
Item#: 5878
Level4
Containment Class:
neutralized
Secondary Class:
none
Disruption Class:
none
Risk Class:
none

Special Containment Procedures: Assigned personnel are to monitor public broadcasting networks and internet platforms for descriptions identifiable as SCP-5878. Upon discovery, affected individuals are to be transported to Site-28 for questioning.
Instances of SCP-5878 are to be stored in secure item lockers outfitted with cameras and audio recorders. Any irregularities are to be reported to appropriate personal immediately.

Affected individuals are to be administered amnestics and provided with 2 years of counseling and/or therapy sessions by authorized therapists and psychologists at the discretion of the assigned lead researcher, currently Dr. Caesar Cantorello Dr. Elise O'Rourke.

Description: SCP-5878 refers to multiple objects manifesting near individuals possessing severe psychological or emotional trauma. The specific object displays significant variation between instances, but in all cases, the object exhibits a dark appearance1.
In almost all known cases, SCP-5878 manifests as an object identified as a memento which affected individuals confide in. The process by which SCP-5878 manifests is unknown.

Upon physically contacting the affected object, individuals will enter a catatonic state for 2 to 4 hours. Following this, individuals will no longer exhibit a desire for self-mutilation or suicide. Succeeding this event, the affected object will cease any anomalous properties.

Addendum-01: See Report-5878-a for details. Special Containment Procedures have been updated accordingly.


Addendum-02: Over the course of 2 years and 10 months, a series of events occurred that resulted in the neutralization of SCP-5878. The documents have been dubbed "The Mori Events".

Addendum-03: Statement regarding the status of SCP-5878.

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License