SCP-6783
rating: +113+x

Item #: SCP-6783

Object Class: Safe

Special Containment Procedures:

Any archaeological discoveries pertaining to SCP-6783 are to be retrieved and replaced with falsified documentation about the time period of the Proterozoic Era.

Evolutionary changes in Archaeological Site-101 are to be documented immediately.

Any documents retrieved that relate or originate from SCP-6783 are to be studied and archived for any further knowledge of the nature of the anomaly.

Anyone who discovers the true nature of SCP-6783 is to be administered Class-A Amnestics and their discoveries are either to be archived or destroyed to prevent any further containment breaches.

Description:
SCP-6783 is a series of notes from an unknown time traveler who appeared to have accidentally been transported approximately 1.8 billion years in the past to the Proterozoic Era.1

Notes from SCP-6783 document the time traveler’s experience and discoveries while in the Boring Billion. And remnants of the anomalous temporal device have been retrieved and are being studied to determine its origin in both manufacturing and time period. While remnants of the device have been retrieved, approximately only 46% of it has been determined to be in custody. Foundation archaeologists are presently still locating the remaining pieces of the time machine, and the possible operator of the device.

Addendum-1:
After further anomalous temporal examination, the area where SCP-6783 was discovered seems to have its own anomalous temporal or evolutionary properties.

Research into whether or not the temporal device has anything to do with it is ongoing. It should be noted that during the Proterozoic Era, no trees or animals were present. However, evidence shows flora and fauna appearing within the range of SCP-6783.

The anomalous “Evolution Space” dubbed by Foundation researchers caused biological evolution to rapidly progress.


BY ORDER OF THE OVERSEER COUNCIL

The following file is Level 4/6783 classified. Unauthorized access is forbidden.

6783

WARNING: THE FOLLOWING FILE IS LEVEL 5/6783 CLASSIFIED


ANY ATTEMPT TO ACCESS THIS FILE WITHOUT LEVEL 5/6783 AUTHORIZATION WILL BE LOGGED AND WILL LEAD TO IMMEDIATE DISCIPLINARY ACTION.

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License