SCP-895
rating: +1975+x

Containment Area 895-06 Live Feed (30 m)

Item #: SCP-895

Object Class: Euclid

Special Containment Procedures: SCP-895 is sealed, closed and stored in an isolated underground containment cell at a depth of approximately 100 meters. No cameras, microphones, or other surveillance equipment may be brought within the 10 meter "Red Zone" radius of SCP-895 without express permission from at least two (2) Level 3 personnel.

Any on-site personnel exhibiting unusual behavior or signs of psychological trauma are to be screened immediately, and removed from the site or terminated as the situation warrants.

Description: SCP-895 is an ornate oak coffin recovered from the █████ █████ Mortuary by SCP personnel on ██/█/██, following reports of unusual footage captured by surveillance equipment installed at that location. When questioned, mortuary staff were unable to determine the source of SCP-895 and how it was transported to the location. Upon attempting to open SCP-895, agents on location found the object empty; however, observers viewing the live camera feed were [DATA EXPUNGED]. Until further notice, SCP-895 must remain closed at all times.

SCP-895 causes disruptions in video and photographic surveillance equipment within 50 meters similar to vivid, disturbing hallucinations with variable duration and regularity corresponding to the camera's proximity to SCP-895. Within a range of 5 meters from SCP-895, footage captured can cause severe psychological trauma and hysteria in most subjects. These disruptions do not extend to observers physically present within the area.

Addendum 895-01: Audio excerpt from the SCP-895 Recovery Log (██/█/██)

03:41L - Command: Team One, Command. All civilians have been detained and evacuated. You are cleared to move in and capture.
03:41L - T1Lead: Command, One Lead. Roger, we are moving in.
03:43L - T1Lead: We are inside the lobby. Video feed check.
03:44L - Command: Team One, Command. We are receiving…[pause]…we are seeing blood on the walls, please confirm.
03:44L - T1Lead: Negative, Command, it's clean in here. Nothing out of the ordinary.
03:45L - Command: … it's gone. Team One, advise possible memetic properties in effect.
03:45L - T1Lead: Copy, Command. Team One moving into storage area.
03:47L - T1Lead: We are in the storage area, object located.
03:48L - Command: Christ, it's moving… Team One, confirm, object appears to be alive and moving.
03:48L - T1Lead: … Command, negative, we see no movement. Object appears to be normal.
03:48L - T1Lead: Two, open it up.
03:48L - Sounds of weapons being readied, followed by creaking as object is opened.
03:49L - T1-2: Sir, it's empty.
03:50L - T1Lead: Command, One Lead. The object appears to be empty.
03:51L - T1Lead: Command, do you copy?
03:51L - Command: Sounds of screaming and retching.
03:51L - T1Lead: Command, do you copy?!
03:52L - T1Lead: Shit, we're bugging out. Close that thing!

Addendum 895-02: Following Incident [DATA EXPUNGED] and the loss of 3 personnel, the Red Zone of SCP-895 has been extended from 5 meters to 10 meters, and security personnel shifts have been reduced to 4 hours as a precaution.

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License