SCP-995
rating: +109+x

Item #: SCP-995

Object Class: Euclid

Special Containment Procedures:
SCP-995 is to be secured in a two (2) by three (3) meter terrarium placed in a four (4) x four (4) containment room. The terrarium is to be cleaned twice a week. During cleaning SCP-995 should be placed in a substitute terrarium fit for its size. All personnel should be sterilized before and after coming into the containment cell. SCP-995 is to be contained in multiple terrariums with each colony separated. Currently there are 4 colonies; each terrarium is to be made to fit the number and size of SCP-995 in the colony. SCP-995 has been moved to a larger containment room which is 20 x 20 meters. Each terrarium is to be cleaned weekly. If any colony reaches the established population limit, randomly selected SCP-995s are to be destroyed. Only Level 2 personnel or higher are granted access to SCP-995 with approval from any Level 3 researcher that has been assigned SCP-995. Feeding of the specimens is to be done twice a week at appropriate hours. During any containment breach the room is to be sterilized by incineration.

Description: SCP-995 is an organism with traits that vary between those of fungi and those of animals. SCP-995's life cycle starts with it being a spore. The spore stays dormant until it finds an area that has low light and is moist. However, an SCP-995 spore has more probability of activating under artificial structures such as household furniture; leather, vinyl, and polyester seem to be favored. There, the spore will grow into a soft organic mass which feeds off microorganisms in the air. It will continue to grow, sprouting appendages enabling it to move. A mouth will soon form, along with teeth and a simple digestive tract. SCP-995 in its mature stage feeds on larger organisms such as insects and rodents. The specimen will then start generating more instances of SCP-995 via the reproduction of spores. SCP-995 has been known to reach the size of [DATA REDACTED] in diameter. Infants have become prey, along with household pets. If a large population of SCP-995 has spawned in a small area, SCP-995 will start to migrate, having the capabilities of infesting an average house by the hundreds in a few days.

The first instance of SCP-995 was discovered in ████████'s Furniture Shop in ███████████,GA which closed down the previous month due to financial issues. A group of adolescents trespassed in the closed shop and discovered the partially consumed body of a homeless man, who seemed to have taken shelter in the store. Police were called in and discovered a large colony of SCP-995 in the store, and a Foundation team was sent to investigate. The team administered Class-A amnestics to the Police officers involved and shipped the colony of SCP-995 to Site-██.

Addendum: SCP-995 has been relocated to a larger containment room since the locations of 3 new colonies have been discovered and contained. A list has been configured to catalog the current colonies and their diverse characteristics.

List of Colonies of SCP-995

Colony: SCP-995-A
Discovered: 3/3/██
Number of specimens: 349
Description: SCP-995-A is the original colony of SCP-995.
SCP-995-A are greyish blue in color, ranging from 8 centimeters to 40 centimeters in diameter during Mature age.
Special Characteristics: SCP-995-A move on 4 appendages with clawed feet and currently appear to have the fastest reproductive rate.

Colony: SCP-995-B
Discovered: 6/██/██
Number of specimens: 10
Description: SCP-995-B are dark green and range from 30 centimeters to ██ centimeters in diameter during mature age.
Special Characteristics: SCP-995-B are the most aggressive of the species, and have an elongated snout with extremely sharp, needle-like teeth which are coated in an unknown paralyzing agent.

Colony: SCP-995-C
Discovered: 1/02/08
Number of Specimens: 264
Description: SCP-995-C are black in color and range from 5 centimeters to 20 centimeters in diameter at mature age.
Special Characteristics: SCP-995-C are the smallest in size and are able to expel a highly acidic chemical from their 4 eyes.

Colony: SCP-995-D
Discovered: 5/30/11
Number of Specimens: 23
Description: SCP-995-D are dark red in color and range from 10 centimeters to ██ centimeters in diameter during mature age.
Special Characteristics: SCP-995-D are able to emit a variety of noises which vary from ringtones to a human infant's cry. It is presumed that these sounds are made to lure prey in SCP-995-D's area where a group of them would attack. SCP-995-D seems to be the most advanced in behavior and intelligence.

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License