SCP-PL-066
rating: +23+x

Item #: SCP-PL-066

Object Class: Euclid

Special Containment Procedures: Complete containment of SCP-PL-066 is impossible, though the surrounding area has been secured and remains under constant observation. Since the village of ████████ is located only ten kilometers away from the object, official information regarding the exclusion zone is to claim the cause of contamination is a radioactive landfill. Every person entering SCP-PL-066-1 has to report on its activity, and once returned, must undergo extended therapy for re-adjustment to baseline conditions.

066.jpg

SCP-PL-066-2

Description: SCP-PL-066-1 is a trapdoor in a storeroom located on an abandoned farm that originally belonged to deceased Mr. █████, in the ████████ voivodeship. The storeroom itself contains over a dozen sets of agricultural and other types of tools. The trapdoor is made of oak, fastened with iron nails and hinges. Under the trapdoor is a wooden ladder leading to a concrete tunnel measuring 2 by 2.8 meters. Drilling around the tunnel reveals it to end after one meter, blocked by a solid layer of bedrock, after which only soil can be found. Subject presumably works similarly to a portal. The tunnel has a length of five meters, at the end of which there is a steel ladder with signs of corrosion. This ladder leads to SCP-PL-066-2.

SCP-PL-066-2 appears to be an extradimensional space whose terrestrial content seems limited to a small area in the immediate vicinity of the exit; this is surrounded by a flat empty space.
The place measures ten by twelve meters, is delineated by a two meter tall steel wire fence, and is lit by three lanterns powered by a simple type of battery, which can be charged from outside at any time. One battery lasts for about two weeks. In this area, there is, aside from a lantern, only an empty concrete building, in which an exit from the tunnel is located.

SCP-PL-066-2 is shrouded in impenetrable darkness. The dimension lacks anything similar to a sky, sun, etc. The ground is made of powdered concrete and shreds of synthetic textile material. It reaches one meter deep, where it is replaced by an indestructible layer of mixed, multi-colored material. Beneath this is presumably a layer made of stone or some other hard material. Sources of light show no changes in luminosity inside SCP-PL-066-2, yet can illuminate only a specific piece of terrain, which is defined by their luminosity and range.

Land surveys of SCP-PL-066-2 have revealed an interesting feature: after a distance of sixty kilometers from the central area, a void suddenly appears. It has been theorized that SCP-PL-066-2 may, in fact, be infinite.

Revision: Object is scheduled for neutralization following Incident I-PL-066.


Addendum:

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License