Secure Facility Dossier: Containment Site-88

rating: +134+x
logo.png

SCP Foundation Secure Facility Dossier

Official Designation: SCP Foundation Southeastern Containment Facility

Site Identification Code: US/AL/BC/Site-88


88-1.jpg

Site-88. Click to enlarge.


General Information


Founded: 13 December 1970

Founding Director: Dr. Joshua Kant

Location: Baldwin County Nuclear Power Plant, Baldwin County, Alabama, United States

Site Function: Object Containment, Research, Task Force Training and Deployment, Administrating the Gulf Coast Region.

Size: Area of 26.3km2

Sections:

Section A: Above Ground Civilian Power Generation

Division 1: Reactor 1 (Boiling Water Reactor)

Division 2: Reactor 2 (Pressurized Water Reactor)

Division 3: Cooling Channel Circuit

Division 4: Non-Anomalous Storage Facilities and Contractor Dormitories

Section B (6 floors): Domiciles and Temporary Containment

Domicile Division: Staff Dormitories, Living Quarters, and Medical Center.

Temporary Containment Facilities: Temporary housing for anomalous objects not yet classified and which rate lower than 3 on the Moose/Aktus risk estimate index1.

Section C (16 floors): Subterranean Low Value/Low Risk Containment, Research Facilities.

Low Value Containment Division: Floors 7-17 reserved for Safe object containment, 18-22 reserved for containment of Euclid objects rated less than 6 on the M/AREI.

Low Value Research Division: Offices and laboratories for any research related to objects contained in section C.

Primary Offices Division: Site Administration Offices.

Section D (24 floors): Subterranean High Value/High Risk Containment, Nuclear Failsafe, Research and Security Offices.

Medium Value Containment Division: Floors 22-30 and 322 reserved for Euclid Objects rating higher than 6 on the M/AREI.

High Value Containment Division: Floors 33-46 reserved for Keter Objects.

Medium and High Value Research Division: Offices and laboratories for any research related to objects contained in section D.

SCP-2343 Containment Division: Don't mind me. I'm just passing through.

Section E: You do not possess sufficient permissions to view this section of the site documentation. Please see your site security personnel for more information.


Aerial View

88-2.jpg

Staffing Information


faithful2.jpg

Man I miss that dog.

Site Director: Dr. Phillip Foster

Asst. Site Director: Amanda Malkin

Asst. Dir. of Personnel: Dr. Lucy Pierrette

Asst. Dir. of Facilities: Dr. Angela Phạm

Asst. Dir. of Research: Dr. Christina Morse

Asst. Dir. of Containment: Agent Yolanda Thomas

Asst. Dir. of Security: Agent Carlos Gonzales

Asst. Dir. of Task Forces: Agent William Lonegan

Ethics Committee Liaison: Dr. Jeremiah Cimmerian

On-Site Personnel:

    Department Heads: 31

    Staff Doctors: 138

    Staff Researchers: 679

    Administrative Personnel: 117

    Maintenance or Janitorial: 103

    Security Personnel: 512

    D-Class: 149

    Other Personnel: 25


Notable Anomalies Currently Contained at Site-88

SCP-245, SCP-1774, , SCP-1868, SCP-2047, SCP-2065, SCP-2067, SCP-2131, SCP-2251, SCP-2314, SCP-2343, SCP-2613, SCP-2632, SCP-2713, SCP-2714, SCP-2725, SCP-2986, SCP-2987, SCP-3015, SCP-3130, SCP-3845, SCP-7135.


Additional Information


m-6741.jpg

Depression era mural depicting the forced consolidation of the ASCI and the Silver Sun Organization. Historical records should instead indicate this event involved the forced removal of the county seat and county records from Daphne, Alabama to Bay Minette.

Let me tell you where I'm from. Wait. No. That's too far back. Oh I bet you wanna know about the deep dark evil hiding in the woods down here. Too bad. It's still sleeping like a big ol' baby. I get to talkin' 'bout it, she might hear me and wake up.

Lemme tell you about how the Foundation got started meddling instead:

In the late 1800's the American Secure Containment Initiative3 built the first containment facility in the state of Alabama in Bay Minette, Baldwin County. Several conflicts with other precursor Foundation organizations were resolved through the eventual consolidation of all anomalous objects and research at the Bay Minette facility for the greater gulf region.

From 1933 to 1946 the Gulf Region was a major flashpoint during the Second Global Occult War. Due to global memory alteration and reality restructuring resulting from the end of that conflict, the full extent of ASCI involvement has yet to be fully understood. The erasure of the New Paris peninsula from the timeline during this conflict led to the Bay Minette facility becoming the largest containment facility in the American Southeast.

The period following the conclusion of the Second GOW until the Foundation's formation in the early 1950's was limited to re-containing objects capable of causing similar widespread destruction. However, the increasing volume of anomalies contained at the Bay Minette facility began to strain both the storage capacity of the site and the secrecy of the project.

fence.JPG

Looks pretty welcoming.

In the late 1960s, the Foundation began to explore options to expand the Bay Minette facility. However, due to increased urbanization and telecom capacities, it was deemed an unacceptable security risk to expand the facility any further in a populated area. The construction of the current facilities at Site-88 were begun in 1968 and completed in 1970.

From 1981 to 2011, the site was run by Dr. Malcolm Maddox4. Following the end of Dr. Maddox's employment, the site was placed under the administration of Dr. Phillip Foster. Site containment breaches have gone down approximately 24%5 yearly under the new administration.

See. Now that wasn't so bad. I like a little history. Now, I'm gonna level with y'all: I've had a good time here so far. For a shadowy pseudo-governmental organization you ain't half bad. You live as long as I have, though, and you know things are only gonna get worse, not better. Tell Yolanda and Carl I'm sorry, but I need to get getting on. Gotta see a man about a lady.

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License