How To Apply
If you do not read the Guide to Newbies before applying, your application will be denied.
When finished, continue to the next tab.
- Include your age, location, and your reason for joining the site.
- Age: This wiki and chat contain themes and discussions of a mature nature. Age limit is 15 and up. If you are younger than 15, do not apply.
- Location: Be as specific or as vague as you like. But don't give a joke answer like "Earth" or "[REDACTED]".
- Reason: This can be anything. But be coherent. You're not required to be perfect, but attempt good spelling and grammar.
- Read the Guide to Newbies, or your application will be denied. We'll know.
- PERSONAL INFO
- Do not tell us your username. We know it.
- Do not tell us your real name.
- (Exception: You can use your real name for your username.)
- Do not tell us personal information, like your address or password.
- USERNAME & ACCOUNT ISSUES
- Do not apply with a shared wikidot account. Only one person should use one wikidot account.
- Do not have a username that includes "SCP" or "O5" or "Class D" or an SCP number or is otherwise inappropriate.
- ("Doctor" and "Agent" are fine, albeit outdated.)
- If you already have a username that is inappropriate, Wikidot will let you change it. Go here and click on Edit next to your username to change it. You can only change your username twice per account, so be careful.
- OTHER ERRORS
- Do not write your app in-character. Do not pretend that SCPs are real.
- Do not misspell "SCP".
- Do not give us joke answers.
- Do not try to humorously show there isn't a lot of space to wri-
- Do not fill out the application form without reading the Guide To Newbies! No exceptions.
- Just saying "I read the Guide to Newbies" will get you denied.
- Saying "you guys skipped step 2" or quoting a random passage will get you denied.
- The Guide to Newbies will tell you exactly what to do… when you've read far enough.
You need to have a Wikidot.com account and be signed to apply for membership.
if you already have a Wikidot.com account
it is worth it and is free
Reminder: Do not apply to this wiki if you are under the age of fifteen.
- You can ask staff any questions you like about your application in public staff chat, or even ask an admin to take a look at it right away, if one is available.
- Your application will not be recorded. Applications disappear from our site forever once we click Accept or Deny.
- Your application will never be denied for your gender identity, sexuality, race, ethnicity, or anything else like that. Usually, we won't even know these personal details. If we do, it still won't matter.
As soon as you click the button to apply, it will change to a message telling you that you have already applied. This is normal. To reapply, you must withdraw your application via 'my account'.
When you get in, don't forget to run your SCP past the forums or chat for review, before posting it to the site. If Staff feel you have failed to read through the writing guides, you can be kicked from the site and made to reapply.
Please note that the application process may take up to 72 hours, so don't worry if it takes that long. You either get in or you don't — a delay is not a bad sign for you.
If you get denied, continue to the next tab.
Crap! I Got Denied! What Do I Do?
You may always reapply.
Under certain circumstances, we will ask you to wait before applying again. In this case, we'll give you the details in a denial message, in a PM from an administrator, or both. If you haven't been told to wait or that you can't apply again, then you can go ahead and reapply.
However, there is always a reason why we've denied you! We don't ever deny just because we feel like it, or anything like that. Even if you don't know the reason, there is still a reason. Something you've missed, or that you're doing wrong.
To find out why you were denied, we strongly encourage you to re-read this whole page, and the Guide to Newbies, to try to find out why you were denied.
In almost every case, you were denied because you didn't read the Guide to Newbies and know how to prove it in your app.
If you've done so, and still don't get it, then…
- Send a private message to any active administrator (listed here on the last tab) to ask for the reason. If you can't choose, or are confused, go ahead and message Dr. Bright.
- Tell us exactly what you said in your app. We probably won't remember! We get lots of applications. But if you tell us exactly what you said, any administrator can immediately tell you why you were denied.
- Please note: This IS what we do for the site. This is our job. There is no reason to apologize for messaging us, or to think you're wasting our time. You aren't.
- Often, your denial message will tell you what the problem is. Take a look at it.
- In some cases, you might have received a PM in your wikidot inbox from an administrator as well. So take a look in your inbox too, just in case.
- You may also try to find an administrator or another staff member in the public staff chat (#site17), or ask around in #site19, if you would like a faster reply. In #site19, you are still obligated to know and follow all chat rules.
TO REAPPLY: Go up to 'My Account.' Click on 'Applications.' Click to 'Withdraw' your application for this site. Apply as normal.