The Undoing
rating: +27+x

A TRAILER

0:00-0:05:
Darkness. Short, gasping breaths.
Close up on DR. OBROV's flickering eyes. They snap open.

0:06-0:08:
Dr. Obrov stands rigid next to his bed, looking at his sleeping wife. It is dark outside.

0:09-0:12:
ERIN storms into the office of ELLY, her superior. She slams a black and white photograph of a group of men and women down on the table.

0:13-0:20:
Pan down a row of battle weary soldiers standing in a muddy trench. They are dressed in filthy cleric uniforms, holding rifles. A giant, sentient piece of origami stands behind them, cocking its head.

Voice-over, an old man: "So from what we can see, he was killed right before starting his work."

0:21-0:25:
Dr. Obrov is making coffee in his neat bare kitchen. Then, he is driving along a dark highway in a truck, looking intense.

0:27-0:31:
The truck pulls off down a dirt road surrounded by fence. A sign warns of trespassing on private land.
Voice-over, old man: "Not that that matters, now."

0:28-0:31:
Erin jabs at a man in the photograph.

She says "Now I want an explanation."

0:32-0:34:
Elly photographing SCP-173.

0:35-0:36:
A gloved hand slips a pill in a percolator.

0:37-0:43:
DIANA OLIVIER hurries through a Church of The Second Hytoth office, panting. She carries papers in her arms.

Voice-over, Erin: "If this is him in the photo, then he would have been eighty at the time of his death."

0:44-0:47:
Something heavy and just out of view drags itself around a containment chamber. A canine howl.

0:48-0:50:
Dr. Obrov, USB stick in hand, grabs a cup of lukewarm coffee before returning to his desk.

0:51-0:52:
A camera flash.

0:53-0:55:
Close-up on Dr. Obrov's lips as he takes a sip.

0:56-0:57:
A second camera flash.

0:58-1:07:
A crowd of Foundation investigators crowd around Dr. Obrov's corpse.

Voice-over, old man: "So it was cyanide poisoning, was it?"

1:08-1:15:
Diana is praying.

Voice-over, a younger man: "Yes, but who cares? He was a nonentity."

1:16-1:20:
Members of Mobile Task Force Psi-9 burst in on a Sarkic masked orgy. Distant laughter.

Voice over, the younger man again: "Nothing matters."

1:21-1:26:
Elly, Erin, and a Japanese doctor are setting up an experimental camera in a field. The laughter builds.

1:27-1:31:
Dr. Obrov's wife is sitting in a room, weeping violently. The walls drip blood. The laughter gets louder.

1:32-1:35:
Researchers look through glass at some sort of wounded animal. The laughter gets more manic.

1:36-1:40:
Erin stands in a suburban kitchen, slowly turning to look at an air conditioner. The air conditioner twitches. The laughter is now loud, whooping, and completely deranged.

1:41-1:42:
Continuing laughter. A building on fire.

1:42-1:43:
Continuing laughter. A doctor peeling off his face.

1:44-1:45:
Continuing laughter. A bare foot steps on concrete.

1:46-1:47:
Continuing laughter. A man in an orange jumpsuit chained to a chair in a concrete room, watching something on a television.

1:48-1:49:
Laughter builds to an insane peak. A camera lens in close-up, filming something it is not meant to see.

1:50-1:51:
SCP-2006, in its Robot-Man form, jumps out from behind a door. It says "Boo!" Cut to black.

1:53-2:01:
Title slowly fades in: THE UNDOING.

Voice over, Elly: "You can see the outlines of it now, can't you? Something lurking at the edges. He tried to unmake himself, you see?

2:02-2:15:
Cut to Elly entering her house. She turns and sees DIRECTOR VAN TURNER standing in the shadows. He flashes a brilliant smile, his eyes hidden. Elly screams in absolute terror. End trailer.

Next: Out of Frame

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License