RE:
rating: +78+x

—ck from our music break, we'll do our weekly segment "Tuesday Update with Researcher James," where we bring everyone's favorite researcher live on-air to discuss the, uh, goings-on around the Foundation. We'll be back with Toone and Ames in the Evening after this special request, straight from…let's see…the janitorial staff at Site 382! Representing the outskirts of Seoul, we'll be back after this on your station, 98.3, WSCP.

Isun ganeul neukkyeobwa highlight, hi-hi-highlight, jigeum buteo michyeo bwa highlight, hi-hi-highlight
Gati gati ttwiyeo bwa ma eum daero jeulgyeo bwa, take it all, take it all, hi-highlight

Magazine tabil myeoneul jang shikhal spotlight, geu torok cham barae wateon 4minute time
On mome jeonyuri jjaritae teon feeling, imi naneun algo iji the fantasy

Naega naega naega naega queen of fashion, naega naega naega naega queen of motion
Ije buteo nareulbwa naege nuneul ttejima, coming, coming, coming geudaero

Isun ganeul neukkyeobwa highlight, hi-hi-highlight, jigeum buteo michyeo bwa highlight, hi-hi-highlight
Gati gati ttwiyeo bwa ma eum daero jeulgyeo bwa, take it all, take it all, hi-highlight

Neol saro jabeul holic, holic, holic, neol yuhokha neun holic, holic, holic
I make you crazy now ( deo nopi ollaga) you make me crazy now, just want it up, up, up, up now

Drawing, drawing sang sang motal neol hyanghan strike, ije buteo shijagiya 4minute time
Tteugeo un nae show time, bultaneun nae soul live, ije modu heundeureo bwa hit to the beat

Naega naega naega naega queen of fashion, naega naega naega naega queen of motion
Ije buteo nareulbwa naege nuneul ttejima, coming, coming, coming geudaero
Isun ganeul neukkyeobwa highlight, hi-hi-highlight, jigeum buteo michyeo bwa highlight, hi-hi-highlight
Gati gati ttwiyeo bwa ma eum daero jeulgyeo bwa, take it all, take it all, hi-highlight

Jigeum buteo naye highlight, dubeon dashi eopneun soul fight
Nae mom jiseun slow, slow nae shim jangeun stop, stop
Pyeong sowa neun dalla now, isun gan keep it right
Cheo eum buteo kkeu kkajida nun ttejima keep your eyes

4, 3, 2, 1, action

Isun ganeul neukkyeobwa highlight, hi-hi-highlight, jigeum buteo michyeo bwa highlight, hi-hi-highlight
Gati gati ttwiyeo bwa ma eum daero jeulgyeo bwa, take it all, take it all, hi-highlight

Neol saro jabeul holic, holic, holic, neol yuhokha neun holic, holic, holic
I make you crazy now (deo nopi ollaga) you make me crazy now, just want it up, up, up, up now

(fade)

Okay okay okay, we're back. Coming off of that hit, "Highlight," by the Korean pop band 4minute, we have our weekly chat with Researcher James. Toone, do we have James on the phone yet? No? Well, I'm sure the little guy's having trouble with his fifth-grade math homework. Heh, heh. In the meantime, we've got the best news the Overseers pay us to allow you to know, only several hours after it hits the intranet: this is Foundation World News Report!

theme song: orchestrals, sound of telegraph

Okay, first off the wire, from Site 55, we have the interesting story of one Researcher Torres, whose recent demotion to Level 1 couldn't have come as much of a shock to her. Seems that Torres was a bit of a prankster and decided that she was going to have a little fun with some fellow Foundation personnel and a couple of instances of SCP-531. Torres sets up two of the little cat statues outside of the Site breakroom on remote-controllable rotating platforms, and held onto the remote for herself. Security footage (which is pretty hilarious, just so we're being honest here) shows four hours of the same people walking up to the breakroom to get coffee, stopping in the doorway, and turning around. The distraction effect from 531 had some interesting side effects; personnel turning around, walking into one another, turning back, trying again, turning back, ad infinitum. Then, when 55 had a Euclid containment breach…and the only way to the Euclid wing was through the breakroom…Needless to say, two Mobile Task Forces were startled from their lunches and Researcher Torres is going to get some good experience with a mop.

(rimshot sound)

All right, settle down, settle down. A few other quick reports. Seismographs reported some earthquakes in Arizona, outside of a predictable seismic area. Transportation snafus have delayed all personnel transfers from Site 40 in Pennsylvania, so if you're on third shift and waiting on relief from Lancaster, you better put on another pot of coffee. The Mennonite cavalry will not be coming to your rescue, I'm afraid.

(opening to "Amish Paradise" begins)

A couple more pieces; food resupply to Site 17 has been delayed by — whoops, getting some blackboxes here. Bust out the emergency rations and say your daily prayer to Saint Bowdler of the Expunged Order of Redaction. A couple of blackouts in New Mexico have cut off communications with Research Site Beta-23; Our Lady of the Overwatch says cell towers are down, higher-ups have access to black comm channels but regular communications out are going to take a little while. In honor of all you beautiful Anabaptists stuck in traffic in Site 40, here's Weird Al.

ENCRYPTION PROTOCOL "WSCP GK-33" ACTIVE
SIGNAL STRENGTH 97%
BEGINNING TRANSMISSION…

FOLLOWING DOCUMENT CLASSIFIED LEVEL GK-09-BLACK:
ACCESS RESTRICTED TO PERSONNEL WITH LEVEL 5, O5-X, OR GK-X CLEARANCE

TO: SELECTED PERSONNEL
FROM: PROJECT GREEN KING COMMAND
SUBJECT: CODEWORD "GREEN KING" BACKGROUND INFORMATION

DR. JONES

PERTINENT EXCERPTS OF GREEN KING BACKGROUND FOLLOW.

MAGNUS

This project's earliest incarnation began in 1894 with the death of a man named Samuel Enfield. Enfield was a field agent working for the American Secure Containment Initiative, a precursor organization to the Foundation. Enfield was found dead on assignment in Boise, Idaho in close proximity to another man, their two bodies positioned in such a manner as to suggest the two were intimately engaged with one another prior to their death. Their deaths were determined by the local coroner to have been caused by gunshot wounds from Agent Enfield's two Smith & Wesson Model 3 revolvers. Enfield's wife, Agnes, was arrested two miles out of town and tried for double murder; she was found dead in her cell three days later from an apparent suicide.

Initiative researchers were able to connect several irregularities with Enfield's death. First, eyewitness testimony from two fellow agents on assignment with Enfield suggested that he had run out of ammunition for his revolvers earlier that day and was told he would not receive further ammunition until a supply wagon came by three days later. Second, even by the limited familiarity with homosexuality present in the late 1890s, no prior indication of a sexual relationship between Enfield or the other man was noted by any of Enfield's associates. Third, while paper records were located after the fact, several Initiative commanders expressed confusion at the identity of Enfield's supposed erstwhile companion, claiming they had never heard of a field operative by his name and insisting that an error had occurred. Fourth, while paper records after the fact again supported the official story, several corroborated reports stated that a woman closely resembling Enfield's wife had been found dead in their home several hours before the agent's murder. The body was lost at some point after Enfield's death, and some (though not all) of the corroborating witnesses changed their story later, claiming not to remember the period of time between the body's recovery and Enfield's murder. Though proper amnestics had not yet been developed, a comparison of interview transcripts before and after the body's disappearance closely resembles before-and-after reports of amnestic application.

Agent Enfield was murdered during an investigation into a being that would now be classified as a "reality bender," though that term did not then exist. The reality bender was a Paiute American Indian religious figure known as Wovoka, an individual who had attempted to start a general uprising against the American government. After a failed attempt at such an uprising, he was pursued by Initiative agents for some time. Enfield had detained Wovoka, interviewed him briefly, and was scheduled to interview him in the morning. He was found dead that night. Wovoka escaped custody and was never subsequently located.

Though most of the Initiative believed Wovoka to be responsible for any irregularit
— ENCRYPTION SEQUENCE ENTERING DORMANCY
SCRAMBLING TRANSMISSION
ENCRYPTION SEQUENCE FAILING
RECALIBRATING ENCRYPTION SEQUENCE…PLEASE WAIT…

ENCRYPTION REESTABLISHED
DECODING SEQUENCE RESUMING
TRANSMISSION CONTINUES
terview suggested that Wovoka was not a reality bender at all; rather, he had been set up as a reality bender by an unknown entity. Wovoka described a godlike entity that came unto him one day and offered him the power to retake his tribal lands from the American occupiers. Wovoka, naturally, accepted this offer. Wovoka realized later that he had no actual control over his abilities when an attempt to begin such an uprising was defeated, his powers failing him at the critical moment. Shortly thereafter, according to Wovoka, he "felt his god leave him"; he described feeling himself in connection to his unknown entity, felt this being's extremely troubled emotions, and then felt "free"; he was able to escape this entity's attention and surrender himself to Agent Enfield's custody. Of course, his claims could not be specifically confirmed or refuted.

This was the first and, for many decades, the only evidence of entity HL-49. Even this evidence was shaky; all that was actually recorded was two pages of interview notes from Enfield and a handful of witnesses who remembered versions of history that were identical to one another but contradicting the official record, a record that was clearly doctored. There were nine of them, and they formed the core of what would become the Green King project.

The GOC classifies reality benders as "Type Green" entities. Three of the nine original members of the group became members of organizations that later formed the core of the GOC; through careful recruitment, the project investigating the entity first detected in Boise continued through both the GOC and the Foundation. The entity was presumed to be a male reality bender, and possibly the most powerful reality bender known to exist. Additionally, given the entity's penchant for disguising its behavior through others, individuals thought of as subjects, the entity was given the codename "Green King."

You are now a part of the operation to locate, secure, and detain this entity. Next WSCP transmission will contain details regarding the time and location of your orientation meeting; for now, you are advised to purchase tickets to Italy and await further instructions.

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License