UIU Location Dossier — "Three Portlands"

An independent city-state and paranormal enclave accessible by Way from Portland (ME), Portland (OR), and the Isle of Portland (UK). The UIU's Hoover Mandate prohibits Foundation action in the city.

three_ports_flag_square.png

Flag of Three Portlands

rating: +301+x

Three Portlands

three_ports_flag

Pocket Universe/City-State

Settled ~1890s
Incorporated 1915; 1922
US Discovery 1929
Foundation Discovery 1970
Government Mayor-Council
Body Three Portlands City Council
Mayor The Mayor
Area 27 sq mi
(~70 km2)
Residents ~80,000
Daily Transients ~2500 (avg)
~12,000 (peak)
Demonym Portlandser
Languages English
Modern Celtic
Currencies US dollar
Pound sterling

The City of Three Portlands, commonly called Three Portlands, Three Ports (3Ports), or simply Portlands, is an independent city-state and paranormal enclave located within a self-contained pocket universe, accessible via Ways located in and around Portland, Maine; Portland, Oregon; and the Isle of Portland in the United Kingdom. With an estimated permanent population of approximately 80,000 persons, Three Portlands is the largest paranormal enclave in North America, and is one of the most populous locations to be entirely concealed behind the Veil.

Three Portlands' sovereignty has historically been challenged by the United States, arising from the need to monitor and limit access to the city in order to maintain consensus normalcy. Since 1940, Three Portlands has been in free association with the United States, which recognizes and guarantees the city's autonomy while reserving the right to enforce laws and regulations necessary to protect normalcy within the adjacent regions of America.

Bureau Files

Notable Cases

Important events documented by the Unusual Incidents Unit which relate to Three Portlands and its inhabitants.

Supplementary Documents

Additional documents acquired by the Unusual Incidents Unit which provide further information about Three Portlands and its history.

All Files

All documents collected by the Unusual Incidents Unit which pertain to Three Portlands.


History


Topology, Geography, and Climate


Government and Law


Transportation and Infrastructure


Education


Demographics and Culture


Industry and Economy


Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License