Whoa, wait, what?
It's a contest! Specifically, it's a contest to give some love to the less well-known SCPs on the site.
We now have over 2000 SCPs at our disposal; however, only a handful of them are ever seen frequently or even semi-frequently in tales. We want to remedy this. Your challenge is to take one or more SCPs with a score of +40 or less each and write a tale involving them. How you write about them is completely up to you, but they must be featured in your tale as at least semi-important elements.
Why're you guys doing this, anyway? SCPs with fewer than forty upvotes are like that for a reason: they suck!
First, no, they don't; and second, because we have a huge library of interesting anomalous articles, yet whenever SCPs are used, it's always 682 or 173 or some other super well-known SCP. And while these popular SCPs are neat, we don't like seeing other, less popular SCPs shafted.
Voting has been closed as of 11 Apr 2014 at 9:00 am CDT!
1. Exit History by FortuneFavorsBold (+41, tied!)
1. Exploded Diagram of a Young Woman by Chubert (+41, tied!)
3. Anart Antics by TwistedGears (+38)
4. Animalia by Drewbear (+26)
5. Gourmet by Drewbear (+23)
6. A Friend's Words by GottaGoFeast (+18, tied!)
6. Little Lost Skip by MissMercurial (+18, tied!)
8. The Avian and The Amphibian by Waterfire (+14)
9. The Lady in the Tower by Bryx (+9)
10. Corroded Relations by AndarielHalo (+5)
11. Found You by EnconXV (-6)
12. Bicycle Mafia and Bike Justice in Goodbye Galaxy! by Roget (-8)
13. Hazy Scotch by CyrusFiredawn (-9)