Voices Unassailable
rating: +116+x

Here's what you have to keep in mind about the Cold War.


August 19, 1949: The first Soviet atomic bomb test.

Faced with the loss of the nuclear monopoly, and seeking to maintain the American technological advantage, President Truman orders a massive rearmament program which includes greatly increased investment in the nascent field of parascientific weapons research. The Foundation, determined to remain free of US and Soviet control, relocates their most sensitive and powerful objects to the non-aligned nations of Egypt, Yugoslavia, and Indonesia. Much of the parascientific material left behind falls into government hands.

“No other value system is so wholly irreconcilable with ours, so implacable in its purpose to destroy ours, so capable of turning to its own uses the most dangerous and divisive trends in our own society – and no other has the support of a great and growing center of military power.”
-Dean Acheson, 1950

4/25/1950: North Korean troops cross the 38th parallel, igniting the Korean War. The war sees the commitment of the vast majority of America's standing army as well as the field deployment of Euclid-level assets for the first time in US history.

“Our military organization today bears little relation to that known by any of my predecessors in peacetime, or indeed by the fighting men of World War II or Korea.” -Ike Eisenhower, 1961

10/19/1956: Seeking to end Egyptian president Gamal Nasser's sheltering of the Foundation, the militaries of France, Israel, and England launch joint attacks on the Suez Canal zone.


“The very word "secrecy" is repugnant in a free and open society; and we as a people decided long ago that the dangers of excessive and unwarranted concealment of pertinent facts far outweighed the dangers which are cited to justify it.” -John F. Kennedy, 1961

August, 1962. Soviet authorities deploy multiple strategic nuclear missiles to Cuba, throwing the United States into panic.

“I would like to address for a moment the Cuban people directly. These new weapons are not in your interest. They contribute nothing to your peace and well-being. They can only undermine it.” -JFK, 1962

The resulting thirteen-day diplomatic stand-off is interrupted when the commanders of the Cuban garrison detonate their warheads on their launch pads. Havana’s last broadcasts prior to its destruction consist of largely unintelligible distress signals. Soviet authorities strenuously deny the presence of parascientific weaponry on the island.

August 4, 1964: US destroyer Maddox reports an engagement with North Vietnamese torpedo boats. This incident serves as justification for the uninhibited commitment of US forces into the twenty-year old Indochina Wars.

“It is my considered conviction, shared throughout the Government, that firmness in the right is indispensable today for peace; that firmness will always be measured. Its mission is peace.” -Lyndon Johnson, 1964

1961-1971: Over the course of a decade, the United States Air Force deploys over Vietnam some 20,000,000 gallons of nanodigesters and folomites engineered by the Global Occult Coalition. More than eight million Vietnamese are killed or injured and hundreds of thousands continue to be born with severe birth defects as the colonies of robodefoliants adapt to and disrupt the local fauna and flora.

“Any attempt to direct these wonders and nightmares is as fruitless as efforts to understand them — and far more dangerous.” -John Foster Dulles, 1972


November 4, 1979: 52 American citizens are taken hostage when an angry mob storms the US embassy in Tehran. After five months of failed negotiations, President Carter orders Operation Eagle Claw, the strategic deployment of over eighteen distinct anomalous entities and organisms intended to cripple Iran's infrastructure prior to an Iraqi invasion.

Unforeseen consequences of such extensive cross-contamination render much of Iran uninhabitable in a matter of months.

“The utter supremacy of our ideology justifies every endeavor undertaken to preserve our way of life.” -Ike Eisenhower, 1949

Harry Truman only did what he thought was right, which turned out to be the problem. After Carter came Reagan, and that's when things started to happen.

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License